Kentucky

Cake decorators SCKY

I am having the hardest time deciding on a cake decorator.  I live in Bowling Green and the wedding is in Glasgow, anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Cake decorators SCKY

• tinabean00tinabean00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say I think I know you, but the Kacie I know doesn't spell her name that way....obviously!  haha
    We're going to have a tasting with Sweetheart, they aren't that terribly expensive, and their cake was good, I tasted it at the Party1 Bridal Fair.
    In bowling green....I've heard good things and bad things about Rileys, don't know about their prices.  Imagine, I've tried their cupcakes and they were good but the prices are ridiculous and I'm not too sure she is that dependable.  I've heard horror stories about Spirit Bakery.  There is a new bakery on Fairview but I don't remember the name, their cake was ok.  And there is Sugarbakers whos prices I think are rather high and the cake was ok.
    I'm a cake snob though, and am not paying $4 for a bite size piece.  I think we are actually going with a restaurant in Nashville, Chef's Market (clicky) and their cakes are delicious!!!!!!  There are different flavors and they are huge, we're going to get 5 cakes to feed our 120 guests.  The only problem with that is you have to pay more get them to "match" but we personally don't care if they match, guess it depends on your taste!
    Sorry for the novel, hope it helps though!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Suziann's Cakes.  She's in BG.  She runs her buisness out of her house.  I've been to her house to look at her books and tasted some cupcakes.  They were very good.  She does not freeze her cakes.  Her house was very clean also.  I am very picky about food that I will eat.  I have a hard time with potlucks because you just never know.  She has a website and her prices are about average.  I am paying $350 for 150 guests. 

I wouldn't trust Riley's for a wedding cake.  Althought their brownies are phenominal, I know someone who had a bad experience with them.  Her cake had obviously been frozen, had an awful flavor and was very dry.  She paid a liot of money too.

http://www.suzianscakes.com/

Good Luck!
  • RobinTodd2012RobinTodd2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard that Ellegant Occasion downtown BG is good.
    Scotie & Robin Todd May 17, 2014 Never imagined that one man could make me so happy as he does....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards