Kentucky

"Day of" Wedding Planner - Lexington

I have never concidered hiring a wedding planner, however, went to a caterer this week that was shocked I didn't have one for the day of the wedding.  She said many of the planners will only do "Day of" tasks.  Does anyone have experience with this, and what are some pro's/con's of using one?  Also, does anyone have recommendations of people and how much this might cost in Lexington?

I know that it would be nice to have someone make sure everything at the reception site is done, and I don't want any of our friends to miss the ceremony to get everything done (like lighting candles, making sure the decor is done, caterers/band are on time, etc)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: "Day of" Wedding Planner - Lexington

• edited December 2011
    I don;t know, but I would love to hear the answer to this as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Typically Day ofs will be the people who make sure everything goes smoothly on the Day of. For example:  I was at a friend's wedding a few years ago and she didn't have a DOC.  Her DJ started the toasting time, but the MOH was in the bathroom and the Dad was out smoking.  Oops.  Had a DOC been there, they would have made sure people were in place before something like that happened.  And another friend had a really bad experience with their cake baker...they showed up 45 minutes late, just 30 minutes before the ceremony started.  Her DOC took care of calling them and bugging them and getting it worked out so that her cake was in place before guests arrived. 

I have a very good friend of mine who is doing ours.  She's worked a lot of weddings for the Speed Art and I trust her totally.  I'd have loved to hire a professional, but Sunny Sky Events was busy the day of my wedding and that's who a lot of my friends have used.  She's really cheap...I think $300 or $400 for the day of...and most others are much more expensive and we just couldn't afford it.  I trust my friend totally, so I'm okay with it.  I know that Sunny Sky Events is SunnySkyEvents@gmail.com if you want to contact her.  My friends have all raved about her.  GL!
  • thehossbridethehossbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    give Julie Murphy a call, 940-3452
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check with your venue first - many of them include somebody to help the day of.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    Same deal- I'm in Lexington too, and a DOC would be extremely helpful for me, but my research so far prices it at about $800, which is not within my means. So any budget-friendly recommendations would be very much appreciated...
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ReebokJ, check out Sunny Sky.  Contact listed above.  She's not that much at all. 
  • JenRose9/24JenRose9/24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's a thought.  This may be insane but if what about two Lexington girls trading day of coordination services.  Might be quite the leap of faith though.  Just be each others point person for the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards