Kentucky
Options

Lexington Vendor Reviews

I never post on here but thought I would give some raves and reviews for my vendors from my wedding.

Flowers: Crist Creona--A++ Totally worth every penny.  His arrangements and ideas were beautiful and was wonderful to work with.  

Catering:  Sam Sears with South Van Events-- A++ Sam was wonderful.  His staff was very professional and was always around to lend a helping hand with anything that needed to be done.  Not to mention the food was AMAZING!

Venue:  Talon Winery--A  The venue is beautiful but expensive.  Sharon was wonderful to work with and answered any and all questions we had.  Unfortunately we had rain (but it held off for the ceremony) so we didn't get to use the outdoor beauty to its full extent.  

Invites/Programs/Etc:  Donia Simmons with the BluSash--A++  Donia was wonderful to work with.  Everyone commented on how our invitations were the best they had ever received and it was all thanks to her designs.  She also made our programs and save the dates which were equally as cute.

DJ:  Matt Jaeger with Sounds Around Town--A++  Matt did an awesome job coordinating the events of the night and did a wonderful job keeping everyone entertained.  

Ceremony Musicians:  Jeremy Mulholland with Apres Midi Music--A+  Unfortunately our schedules never worked out for an in person meeting but Jeremy was super helpful via email.  His group even arranged music for our specific ceremony song requests.  They played beautifully during and before the ceremony.

Photography/Videography/Photo Booth:  Kortnee Kate and Ted Miller with Kortnee Kate Photography  A+++++++  I can't give enough praise for Kortnee and Ted.  They were a blast to work with and handled the chaos of rain during an outdoor wedding the best they could.  Their pictures speak for themselves, absolutely stunning.

Cake:  Martine's--A++  The cake was beautiful and tasted awesome.  The groom's cake was perfect as well.  She is the best in town by far.

Hair/Makeup:  Ana Crane Simpson with Applied Cosmetic Services A+++  Ana was wonderful.  She arrived early and was already set-up and waiting for myself and my bridesmaids (and mother).  She made everyone look their very best for the big day.  

Cake Pop Favors:  Samya Quabili with Treat Me Sweetly (look on Facebook)-- A+++  Everyone LOVED her cakepops.  They were lemon cake with icing and she packaged them beautifully.  I can't even count how many guests called me the next day and asked who made them.  One of my bridesmaids even called to ask if she could ship to Austin, TX.

Alterations:  Belinda at The Needle's Eye--A  Belinda did a great job altering my very complicated dress.  I took a dress to her that was about 3 sizes too big and it fit perfectly by the time she was finished.  She is very sweet and reasonably priced.

Hotel Accomodations:  Summer at the Hyatt Lexington--A.  Summer is wonderful to work with.  I highly recommend working with her for a wedding or just accomodations.

Transportation:  Gold Shield--A+.  Beautiful cars and very lovely workers.  They were early on every pickup and were very patient with the wedding day chaos.  

Rehearsal Dinner: Jennifer with Malone's Banquets--A+.  Jennifer was wonderful to work with and dinner was a breeze.  Beautiful meal and room.

Rentals:  Anthony with Oasis Tents and Events (out of Paris, KY)--D.  Anthony owns beautiful linens (but some of which were very dirty...the cake table linens had leftover what looked to be marinara sauce) and he works very hard.  Unfortunately he was not the easiest to work with.  The day before the wedding he and our wedding planner ambushed my mother and myself and proceeded to yell at us for refusing to make the call to move the wedding inside the day before the wedding.  Keep in mind my wedding was in August (notorious for pop up storms) and the rain forecast had changed 10 different times in the preceding days.  Additionally, he talked to me like I was an idiot (praising his 30 years in the business) even though my husband and I are in law school and my father is an attorney.  And take this however you like but both events he worked at Talon in the past few months, both tents have partially fallen down due to wind/rain.  But he was there when the problem arose and tried to fix it as best he could and worked very hard.  Unfortunately, also due to rain and the tent issues, his team (while great that they were there and wonderful that they were working hard) traipsed through my reception with filthy cutoff t-shirts and ripped jeans while going back and forth from the tent to their truck which was parked at the opposite end of the barn.  

Wedding Planner:  Julie Murphy with Julie Murphy Special Events--F.  Julie was not easy to work with and I don't wish her services on anyone in the Kentucky area (or Charleston where she is now located).  

Hope these reviews help you all have the best wedding and enjoy the process along the way!

Re: Lexington Vendor Reviews

• Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for taking the time to do these!  I just decided to book DJ Matt Yaeger, so this makes me feel good in my choice!

Congratulations!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just want to add my huge THANK YOU!  I have always prided myself on being able to make tough decisions, and so far the only decision I've made about my upcoming wedding (next spring) is the dress!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards