Kentucky
Options

Louisville Reception Venue

Does anyone know of a venue that allos you to bring in your own food of reasonable price?  I know mellwood, lebanese american club, and old medical building  TIA!!

Re: Louisville Reception Venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know Tom Sawyer does, but that's a more outdoorsy wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using St. Matthews Community Center. I don't know how many people you need to hold.  It holds 250.
  • Options
    jenmoore38555jenmoore38555 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're using the kaden towers... you can bring your own alcohol, too, as long as you don't sell it.
  • Options
    tant04tant04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't you have to rent table and chairs at kaden towers?  Is that expensive renting chairs and tables?  TIA!
  • Options
    JosieshsJosieshs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Were haveing our Vow renewal in the Student Activities Center at UofL. They have a lagr multipurpose room. Our guerst list is at 200. You can bring in your own food, but you can use the kitchen if you don't use Sodexo. They do the food service on campus.
  • Options
    ecox01ecox01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky_louisville-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:86Discussion:c41bc355-405f-4b2d-8974-69551f79cdc2Post:d3b6b1c2-7c92-452d-9383-d6dbf8b6f7e8">Re: Louisville Reception Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know Tom Sawyer does, but that's a more outdoorsy wedding.
    Posted by melissaharris01[/QUOTE]

I've contacted Tom sawyer park and was told that a licensed caterer is required to bring and serve the food.  Have I maybe misunderstood what i was told ... or is there a way around this?  I love the venue but can't afford a caterer
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ecox01, there are a lot of restaurants that also cater.  You might not be able to afford filet and lobster, but I'm certain there's somebody out there that you can work with on price. Think of restaurants you love and find affordable, and start calling.  You might be surprised.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards