Kentucky

Lexington Area Florists

I am looking for an "inexpensive" florist in the Lexington area. My wedding is in Lexington, but my florist doesn't need to be, but can be. I have looked at all the florists listed on the knot, so any other places would be great. I know flowers aren't cheap, but if anyone knows of a place that has a great deal on wedding flowers, then that would be awesome! Thanks! :)

Re: Lexington Area Florists

• amylynn314amylynn314 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also...looking for a DJ that does ceremony and reception that is priced on the lower side! 
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My advice is to order loose flowers through the florist and arrange them yourself.  We did that with green button mums (bouts and corsages) and baby's breath (bouquets, CPs, and aisle decor) and spent $32 on it.  My bouquet was professionally done ($50) but that was it.  Everything else was put together by my fabulous BMs and MIL. 
  • edited December 2011
    I used the Flower Depot in Georgetown.  They were very affordable and do a great job of working with you with substitutions for more expensive flowers. I used Soundoff DJ services, through Affairs to remember.  Keith is awesome and was great to work with!
  • ebrasieebrasie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bella bloom she is great and has great prices she is in nicholasville ky. she works with ur budget
  • ebrasieebrasie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh and fresh beat for DJ i have heard good things about him
  • lohara27lohara27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jessica Jones(Blooms N Blossoms) in Georgetown is great.  She's doing my flowers and is really reasonable.  She's a sweetheart, you can find her on FB.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Teresa Biagi at  www.hazelfieldfarm.com. She is in Owen County but is really nice and pleasant to work with and is very reasonably priced. I am using her based on the work she did for a wedding I went to last summer. She does fresh picked flowers from her own flower farm so I'm pretty sure you are limited to what's in season, but the prices are extremely reasonable.
  • amylynn314amylynn314 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have met with a couple florists, one being Bella Blooms in Nicholasville. She wasn't very helpful and seemed very distracted and not interested in me. She didn't show me anything, but the quote she gave me was a good price. My fiance got me the business card from the Flower Depot in G-town, his co-worker is in a BNI group with one of the ladies that works there...maybe the owner, but I'm not sure! I did book my DJ, so now I've just got to book the florist!
  • edited December 2011
    Terry at the Beaumont Center Kroger is saving me a bundle more than I thought I could... the only downside is that I really haven't seen much of her work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards