Kentucky

Kentucky Derby

Anybody going?

I've never attempted. I don't want to be in Louisville when that goes down.  Way too busy.

I had planned on watching from Kentucky Downs, the race track in Franklin, but I'm going to visit my dad in London instead.

If you are going, I shall require a picture of your hat.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Kentucky Derby

• edited December 2011
    I'm not going.  I'm running in a 5k that morning and then watching the Derby with my parents.  I'm not brave enough to go to Louisville during that madness.
    Getting an autograph from UK's March Madness MVP image
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky_kentucky-derby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:86Discussion:d20cf186-85c5-4e09-af95-37eda0dca681Post:e5fec6e5-b977-4d01-9bf7-03ecbf8946d6">Re: Kentucky Derby</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not going.  I'm running in a 5k that morning and then watching the Derby with my parents.  I'm not brave enough to go to Louisville during that madness.
    Posted by adunn09[/QUOTE]

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Louisville, and it's really not so bad.  Traffic sucks, but the actual track isn't nearly as crazy as you hear... at least, I've never experienced it!  I used to work with the horses there, so I will be there watching, but from the barn area on the backside.  Good luck to all who are going/betting!
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to The Oaks tomorrow! Soo excited! :) Apparently parking is super expensive though.
  • edited December 2011
    Heh, it will be hard for me to ever go. I work at the Herald-Leader in sports...you pretty much don't get off on Derby Day, ever.

Hat pictures would be awesome, though. :B
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards