Kentucky

Vendor Review...Finally!

Wow, it sure has taken me a long time to get to this....I'm sure I missed some people who could've used these, but hopefully I can still help some others....

Venue- Persimmon Ridge Clubhouse-B- (Persimmonridge.com)
Overall, the day was beautiful, but some things that went down that day, certainly made me question my decision.  The grounds are gorgeous and the food was ok.  They had the room set up the way we discussed for the most part, but since I didn't have an exact seating chart, some tables had the wrong number of chairs which caused more problems than you would think.  Wink  The coordinator really isn't much for coordinating everything the day of, so I really wish I would've hired someone for that.  I got a pretty nasty email from her after it was all over with over somethings that guests or wedding party members did that was really out of my control, but apparently, it was still my fault.  I would recommend this venue if you want a wonderful outdoor setting for your wedding with an upscale but simple indoor reception....just hire a DOC to make sure all the details are tended to and you won't have to worry about anything.

Photography by Sara-A+ (photographybysara.com)
Sara is so amazing and there are not words to express her talent.  The only thing I would recommend is to maybe have a list of some key shots or groupings that you want because the time goes by so fast, you don't realize you missed anything until later on.  We had her for 6 hours and we got much more than our money's worth in the end. 

Mix it Up Soundworks-A (www.mixitupsound.com)
Ben Truby isn't new to DJing but is newer to weddings and has made an amazing transition.  He kept everything flowing through the ceremony and reception and everyone had a great time.  He had people out on the dance floor singing by the end of the night and we had to force people to stop requesting songs because our time was up and we had to pack everything and get out. lol.  He rocked the house and I think he will do very well in the wedding industry.

Heitzman Bakery in Hike's Point-A-
The cake tasted amazing and I wish I could've take the leftover on our honeymoon.  The detail on it seemed a little rushed and not as neat as I had hoped for, but overall, it was pretty and the design of it was just like the picture I had given them.  Maybe that's one of those things you have to give them more creative freedom with, but overall, I was happy.

Hair and Make-up- Jennifer Walker w/ Redken- A++
Jenn is spectacular.  She did hair and makeup for most of my bridesmaids as well as my mother and 2 of my flower girls.  My skin looked flawless and everyone's hair held up beautifully.  She uses only the best products and her skills are imeasurable!

Dresses- Bridal Warehouse-D
Don't think I really need to elaborate here....DO I?

Alterations- Beautiful Bustles-B+
For the money, I wasn't sure that the dress was altered to fit as well as it could've, but part of that was the dresses fault.  I really wish I would've purchased a dress that laced up in the back because after the dress was on awhile, it really began to fall and shift a lot.  The Bustle was perfect for the dress design though and got many compliments.  I would highly recommend getting your hook reinforced on any wedding gown, especially if it zips up.  Mine broke the minute I sat down for our first pictures....not fun. 

We had a lot of DIY projects for other things such as the flowers and intives, so these are all of the vendors that we used.  Hope this helps some of you out there that are trying to get everything together for your 2010 weddings.  I'd love to help any way I can.  And I still have lots of wedding items for sale if you are in need of anything.  Laughing

Re: Vendor Review...Finally!

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • melaniems31melaniems31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So gald you were able to find a new photographer after the Ramon diaster! 

Also, I so glad you were happy with you cake from Heitzman.... I had also given them a pic and I felt like my cake looked nothing like the photo I had given them.  I'm still trying to get over it..... ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards