Ohio-Columbus

North Bank Pavillion

Does anyone know how reservations for North Bank Park work? I really love the venue, but couldn't really find information on how to book it.

Re: North Bank Pavillion

• holtvoigt5holtvoigt5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked into this place and it's kind of a rat race. You have to go to the Office of Parks and Recreation to sign up, and they only book it exactly one year out. That said, people are waiting in line the day that their date becomes open to book it up (so if you're looking to book it for a Fri/Sat for less than a year in advance, the date is probably taken.) If the date is already booked, you can enter a lottery for it if the date becomes available. So if you want this place, you have to fight for it! If you need to know anything specific, just ask!

Needless to say, we did NOT end up booking this place. It was just a huge hassle!
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at it and didn't really care for it, especially after hearing about people camping out for it. The space is nice, but it's pretty small unless you rent a tent for the outdoor area which is generally expensive. We also weren't crazy about it being on a major road with limited parking. But, the views at night will be incredible.

If you like the space and it doesn't end up working out for some reason try looking into Via Vecchia Winery, especially if you have over 100 people. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I went to one of their open houses and they were able to tell me there or on the phone (I forget) which dates they still had available.  They do want all the money down to reserve it.  I didn't think it was bad at all since I was flexible about my date, but I did go somewhere else.
  • edited December 2011
    KellyRVT... do u have any information on the winery? Ive been looking for someone that has SOME info as they do not have anything on their website!
  • edited December 2011
    I just called Parks and Recs for NBP and they said that everyone enters the lottery as soon as they get there. It's not first come first serve anymore.
  • edited December 2011

I just reserved NBP (aka WON the lottery) last week. You have to be there at 8am when the office opens on the day you want to reserve it for the following year. If more than one person shows up they have you pick bingo balls and they randomly draw a winner. If you are the winner you have to pay your deposit (minimum of 6 hours for a weekend) right away, if you don't win they will tell you what dates they have open and depending on if the office is open the following day, may offer you Sunday. My recommendation would be to call NBP, the people that work there are really kind and tehy will explain the whole process to you as well as give you dates less than a year away that are availiable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards