December 2013 Weddings
Options

DIY projects

I looked at some of the posts on here and I saw that some of you DIY brides were talking about focusing on one or two DIY projects per month. It sounds like a good idea but I'm not sure where to start. It's so early to start anything big. So I guess my question is what DIY projects are you ladies choosing to focus on for the next few months?
Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone

Re: DIY projects

• Options
    I already started on my fabric pomander balls since they take FOREVER! I also just got done designing my invites and my STD's are next. I also have my tolsby frames from ikea and i spray painted them gold...i love those! I want to be done everything super early!
  • Options
    Well, I have a friend doing boquets/boutineers for bridal party already. They are time consuming, and I didn't want her to feel rushed.

I will be starting on pomanders as well, and have decided that I wanted to do a signed serving platter instead of a traditional guest book, so I will be looking for the proper pens for that, and a good deal on the platter (we both love to cook, and spend alot of time in this room so makes sense for us)

I'll also be starting our wine box, for the wine/loveletter ceremony. And while I'm at it card box since I will probably use some of the same materials for it.

I kinda have to start small we are remodeling a house so lots of dust and debris, I need small things I can keep clean in trash bags or larger boxes that I keep sealed. : /

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks girls! Great ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    Oh goodness. If I had my hot glue gun up here I'd be working on my mini top hats for the gals. But since I don't, I've been working on preliminary ideas for save the dates and invites. 
    She says, "This man's gonna be my death 'Cause he's all I ever wanted in my life." -Emilie Autumn 'Shalott'
  • Options
    I have done a monogram and a sign for engagement pictures.  I am working on a card box.  I also just received in the mail a small order of sola flowers so I could see what they were like before deciding if we wanted to use them ( i love them!).  I have brainstormed save the dates as well.  I want to finish the card box and more on to a garter I think. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards