Missouri-St Louis
Options

Hair- Check! Make up suggestions?

I found Courtney Hayes off another knotties recommendation- THANK YOU! She was awesome and worth the drive. We did my hair trial (only $45) and I love the do I will have for my wedding.

Next step- Make up. Any suggestions ladies? I am thinking about fake eyelashes. Does anyone have experience with them? Good or bad?

Re: Hair- Check! Make up suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    UGH, TK ate my whole post.

Yes, wear fake lashes.  Practice first to see if you can DIY.  If not, find someone who will do it- MAC will for $50 of makeup purchased.

Steps to applying fake lashes:
    1) Apply eye base and 1 coat eye liner to top lid

2) Apply glue to plastic disposable surface and wait 10 sec for it to get tacky

3) Using tweezers, dip edges of fake lashes into tacky glue

4) Apply to lined lash line, hold for 5 sec, remove tweezer

5) Repeat if necessary 

6) Re-line eyes, proceed with rest of makeup look, including mascara over the fakes.

Helpful hints:

-I like to use the "sprigs" of lashes, with 3-5 little lashes each to achieve a more natural look because you can add more where needed.  You can buy these at Ulta or Sephora (Make Up Forever and Sephora Brand both make good ones).

-I also use gel liner so that I can get a smoother line with the liner and then also because it is applied with a brush that is less likely to move the lashes once they are placed.

-My waterproof mascara of choice is Diorshow Classic Waterproof- totally smudge and tear proof.  Love it.  Wear it every day.  It is so worth the $24 investment, and the large brush will keep you from having to swipe and re-swipe the delicately placed fake lashes.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards