Missouri-St Louis

ceremony/reception venue ideas

We're getting married october 2013 and trying to find a venue to have both the ceremony and reception. Looking for something not too expensive. Willing to pay a little more if ouside caterers are allowed. Would prefer something in the city or south county area. Doesn't have to be fancy I actually prefer kitschy! Thanks in advance!

Re: ceremony/reception venue ideas

• We booked the Hearth Room at the Hawken House in Webster Groves.  I love it!  They allow outside EVERYTHING and you get the location from 10am-midnight.  Perfect for a wedding/reception.

• What kind of price range is it to book?
  • We are having our wedding at NEO on Locust in July 2013. The first floor is where we will have the ceremony and the 4th floor is for the reception. They also have valet parking. Cathy is the contact there and she is super helpful! This is a cool location if you like more of the industrial look. It allows for outside catering too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_ceremonyreception-venue-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:0dc0732c-615c-40bc-8103-6bd244832bb4Post:49f55fae-d5eb-48c8-8b22-772ece637fde">Re:ceremony/reception venue ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]What kind of price range is it to book?
    Posted by andrealh118[/QUOTE]

<div>It was $950 for the full time period (10am-midnight).  The price includes tables and chairs, although the chairs are a bit old.  </div>

• october = the most expensive month for weddings. we are getting married at the falls and a saturday in october =12,000 and a sunday in august = 6300! we changed our date to save alot of money
  • auriannaaurianna member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2012
    Mahler Ballroom in the CWE is a sweet little ballroom. They have a staircase which is neat for a bridal procession. And a balcolny area which is a great place for a cocktail hour while they swap it from ceremony space to reception space.
    They have a kitchen on-site for your outside caterers to set up in.
    They have a bar area; I think think you might be required to use their alcohol. I think that's the only catch.
    Not really sure what "expensive" is. We looked at the space for a January wedding and I want to say it was $2500 maybe. (no, I'm reeeeeally fuzzy on that. You'd probably need to call them) I think that includes their tables and chairs but maybe not alcohol? But if you can do an outside caterer that really offsets it.
  • Thanks for all the POSITIVE feedback ladies! We actually booked the Shrewsbury Ballroom! We were a little behind on booking our venue but it is exactly what we wanted. They allow outside everything, had our date, VERY reasonable prices and a great view! It has the look and feel of what I had imagined. Thanks again for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards