Missouri-St Louis
Options

Dress Shopping

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go dress shopping in the Edwardsville/Belleville/St Louis areas?

Re: Dress Shopping

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sara- I second the suggestion for Your Special Day in Fairview Heights. Katie, the owner, is the best! Shawna- I think David's is always a given. But also, the service quality varies greatly from store to store. The one in Fairview isn't bad compared to some horror stories I've heard.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary
  • Options
    shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I've heard bad things as well.  My only real complaint is that they are all about you until you tell them that you are still just looking, then they kind of write you off.  They get MUCH nicer once you get that first dress purchased.  LoL  I think that is true of alot of places though.  I guess they feel that alot of people waste their time trying on 9 million dresses and then walk out the door.  I can see their frustration, but at the same time, that IS their job.  No one forced them to work there!  Not to mention that I was one of those super easy brides.  I only tried on three dresses.  I didn't ask her to pull the whole rack like the girl in the room next to me.  I swear if that girl tried on one dress she tried on 20, and that was just in the time I was in the store!!  LOL  I don't think I could do it, I just don't!  Those sales people have all my sympathy.  I know some people are indecisive, but seriously.  I think some brides just enjoy playing dress up.  Granted, that is their business and they are completely entitled to it, I just don't understand it.  'shrug'  That is what makes the world wonderful, all of the personalities and differences.  :-) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Shaeley Bugs in South County mall... I stopped in their today and in the window they have the most gorgeous dress and it was only $360!!!
  • Options
    ellenb09ellenb09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Enchanted Bride on Olive.  They were wonderful there and they are a full service shop so they do everything there, alterations, pressing, accessories...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Clarices is a bridal store on Hampton Rd. in South St. Louis.  It has gorgeous dresses and they are very inexpenive!  A girlfriend of mine who is getting married the week after me got her dress there for $440 including taxes!I have my dress narrowed down to 3 and they are all at Clarices.  Prices range from $700-$1000 and when you buy you get a small gift - $50 gift card, a free slip, a free veil - which is really nice.The website is www.claricesbridal.com.
  • Options
    elissa81elissa81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a terrible experience at Your Special Day- I made an appt there and when we arrived they were rude and did not seem interested in even helping us. Also they have a very limited selection with limited dress sizes. I was disappointed in them after all the good things I have heard!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a dress shop that is going out of business and they are having an online auction. The website is www.bcl-online-auctions.com . I bought some things from a different auction at this website and they sent me an email, that's how I know about it. Just be sure to read the "details" they were very specific with the last auction.
  • Options
    jrsaksajrsaksa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Town & Country Bridal in Chesterfield is my favorite so far. The selection is awesome.
  • Options
    juliebeaniejuliebeanie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Town and Country Bridal -- if you're willing to drive out to the county in St. Louis, it's got the best selection I've seen (in the county)and FABULOUS service. They carry Watters gowns and that designer alone has a very wide range of different dress styles and moderate prices ($1K-$3K). Hope your dress search is going well!
  • Options
    suze89suze89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    blah! I didn't like Simply Elegant at all. The salesgirl kept insisting on strapless dresses even though I wanted tank style. THEN the highlight is when she finally let me try on a spaghetti strap style, the top barely covered my medium sized boobs and when I told her it looked a little scandalous, she said 'well your fiance will like it.' and she was completley serious. I ended up getting my dress at Ultimate Bride, and yes they are expensive but they have great stuff. Amore was good too, although small.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards