Missouri-St Louis

Photographers

What is the average costs most of you are spending on your photographer?  And who are you using?Thanks!Christina

Re: Photographers

• edited December 2011
    I'm spending about $1,800.  I'll have 2 photographers at the ceremony and then one more at the reception.  My photographer is Rhonda Jean Photography.  We're taking engagement pics in a few weeks.  So far she's been so nice to work with.  She's very sweet! 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm paying $750 for three photographers for the ceremony and one at the reception. Her name is Tammy Robinson, she doesn't it on the side, but her pictures are really nice.
  • Sn2BLeeSn2BLee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're paying $2450 for Studio 7 Photos.  She's from Springfield, IL, but only charges a small fee to come to STL.  We're getting two photogs all day long and rights to the cd among other things. 
  • edited December 2011
    I spent $1500 using Moser Photography. It's not the lowest package he offers. It included engagement photo session and an 8x10 of your choice, plus all the pictures on CD (you have the rights to them), 2 photographers for unlimited time on your wedding day, choice of film or digital (we went with both) - digital photos given to you on CD and 4x4 prints of all film photos, and a 15 page (front and back) album. He is very easy to work with and I loved the second photographer we got. His style is more traditional than photojournalistic.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    wow...I guess I can't spell....**she does it on the side** Sorry ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    I am spending $1700 which includes an engagement session and I get unlimited hours, so I don't have to worry about squeezing everything into a certain time frame and I get to keep my set of 4x6 proofs. This is not the cheapest package, there was one below this one. I am using Sutterer Bay Photography. I think they are fairly new, but they did an awesome job at my friend's wedding. There website is www.stl-photographer.com if you want to look them up. Good luck with your planning!
  • shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Natural Aspects Photography out of St. Charles.  We had an engagement session a couple of weeks ago and are tickled with the pictures!  Anyway, here is the package we are getting.  Five hours of coverage.Unlimited locations.A copyright released CD of all of our pictures.300 printsNo extra charge for black and white, sepia, etc.One 11x14 or three 8x10 pictures mounted on acid free   board (we are doing the three so we have large pictures for our parents)Engagement session with copyright released CDA signing album with 6 pictures, all 5x7, with two pens for signing (silver pens for black pages)20 page flush mount album with free digital enhancements such as the color touched black and white pictures5x5 copy of large flush mount albumPhoto touchups (so we all look our best, regardless LoL)I was going to go with the more expensive full day coverage, but the woman we talked to reassured us that it was not needed with our timeline.  I thought that was a very good and very honest vendor and it saved us $400.  That really put our minds at ease about the integrity of our photographer.  We had our engagement session outside and had GORGEOUS pictures.  So far, I couldn't be happier.  The price for everything that we got ended up at $2050.  Looking at the several photographers we researched, this was about middle of the road.  Again, we chose this one because of the honesty of Christine, their office manager.  She was awesome when we went in and gave us all of the time we wanted and needed to look at all of their work.  She has also been very patient in answering all of my questions through both emails and phone calls.  Our photographer is a vendor that I am not even remotely concerned about, and that is saying something with me because I'm what you would call a worry wart.  LoLWe booked them on November 29th, 2008 for our October 10th, 2009 wedding and we got the second to last spot.  The Knot has them as a preferred vendor and they book up fast, apparently.  (she didn't tell us they only had one more opening until after we had done our contract, so it wasn't just a ploy to get us to sign.... did I mention how much I love Christine?  LoL)  Hope this helps!  
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to be spending about $2400.  I'm getting all day photography, proof prints, an album, larger prints an engagement session and a $400 credit to use towards another album or prints.We're using Heather Gregory at Shutter Happy Studios and I totally recommend her to everyone!  She has been Awesome! I love her photos, you have to check it out.  Good Luck!<http://www.shutterhappystudios.com&gt;
  • kma212skma212s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Sutterer Bay Photography (www.stl-photograher.com ) and spending $950 for all day photography unlimited locations and all of our photographs on a high resolution disk. Check them out. I love their pictures and have they a very unique style.Good luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    We are using i Kandi Photography. Our package is 1500.00 for 8 hours, engagement session, 1 off location, DVD , several prints, 2 photographers, client proofing and lay-flat coffee table book.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Lisa Hessel Photography, and our package came to about 3200. It included an engagement shoot and all photos from the shoot, 2 photographers for the entire wedding day, and a 400 credit for prints, album, etc after. I think you pay a little more for photojournalism or a more artistic photographer - but once you see the difference it is definitely worth it!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Ravetta Photography and we're paying about $2700 ... it includes 2 photographers for up to 24 hours, unlimited locations and a great bundle deal for the album and proofs.  The nice thing about 2 photographers is that you get 1 doing the posed shots and the other getting all of the candid shots .... good luck :)
  • jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Kelly Park Photography and our package is $2500.  It includes 2 photographers for 8 hours of coverage, unlimited locations, an engagement session, online proofing and ordering, and DVD of our images in high resolution with copyright release [this was a must for us-so you can have them printed wherever and whenever you want. Also some photogs will give you a DVD but the image quality will be limited to a certain size (4 x 6, 5 x 7, etc.)].
  • girliebride09girliebride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we changed our wedding to a destination wedding so my plans have changed a little and are still in the works, BUT I was paying $2800 for 9-10 hours of coverage, 2 photographers,high resolution dvd with print rights for wedding, an engagement session with the high resoltion files and print rights, PLUS a leather flushmount wedding album. We are still planning on flying het down with us to Florida next November! www.sjmackyphotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    The photographer was very important to me, so I spent a little more money than anticipated; I booked Clary Pfeiffer for $3000.  She is AMAZING...I can't say enough great things about her!!This includes 10 hours from her, 6 hours from a second shooter, online proofing, and the copyrights to your pictures.  I would highly recommend her, and am very much looking forward to her shooting my wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    We're spending about $2000 and that includes an engagement session and up to 10 hours on our wedding day.Our photographer is Megan Thiele, and she's absolutely phenomenal. I don't recommend her if you're a traditionalist, but if you prefer more artistic shots created with composition, light, color, and detail in mind - she just plain rocks.http://meganthiele.blogspot.com/See for yourself! Simply stunning work. I'm an Art Director, so these things matter to me! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards