Ohio-Columbus
Options

Wedding Dress Alteration Emergency!!

Hey girls! I went to go get my wedding dress first fitting done today and was soo excited! When I got there, the door was locked and I called the tailor's cell phone (he's a friend of mine who I worked with on other projects) to see where he was. His mother answered the phone and said that he had passed away unexpectantly on Monday. She's trying to handle all of the work that he had in the process, but is understandably overwhelmed. I'm so sad!

Now I'm back to square one with finding someone I can trust to do alterations. Does anyone have any ideas? My wedding is in the beginning of May, so I'm running out of time quickly, and incredibly saddened to hear about the death of my tailor like that-- he just e-mailed me last weekend :(

Re: Wedding Dress Alteration Emergency!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is really sad, I am so sorry to hear that.

As far as alterations, I believe Linda Hine is highly recommended around here. I got all of my alterations where I bought my dress, which was Alan Ray Bridal. Alan himself does all the alterations and makes custom veils, etc. You could always check with him, even though I am sure he is very busy right now as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is a link from a while back that might help you. I believe it has her contact info in it as well:  http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_aaaalterations

Good luck!
  • Options
    sherise40sherise40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am working with Linda Hammond. I found her through some previous posts.
    Both Linda's come highly recommended.
    -Sherise Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, wow, that is really sad! I'm sorry :( 

Did you try the place you bought the dress from?
  • Options
    rwowsleyrwowsley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How horrifying!  So sorry about your friend.

I recommend Joyce Eubanks from Alterations on Lane.  She is incredible and wont charge you an arm and a leg.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How sad!! :( So sorry to hear about your tailor.

I'm using Linda Hine, and she's been great! I've also used Joyce at Alterations on Lane, and did a wonderful job, too! HTH!
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• Options
    holtvoigt5holtvoigt5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for all your suggestions! I'm going to start my search for a new tailor tomorrow. Still totally bummed about the situation! I was so pumped to work with my tailor (Kevin Kerr). He was a wonderful designer and friend! Thank you everyone for all your help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://columbus.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_wedding-dress-alteration-emergency?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:cffe08cc-c97a-4697-859a-e26ffc59d810Post:36da82c7-1f7f-4aaa-84e8-4f2c17eeb60f">Re: Wedding Dress Alteration Emergency!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How horrifying!  So sorry about your friend. I recommend Joyce Eubanks from Alterations on Lane.  She is incredible and wont charge you an arm and a leg.
    Posted by rwowsley[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I just got married on 02/26/2011 and had some detailed lace work on my dress and Joyce did an amazing job. Her number is 614.488.9640. Plus, she's completely affordable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards