Missouri-St Louis

Bridesmaid dresses

I'm getting married in February! I found my BM dresses at David's Bridal, they are the color Mermaid. It's a teal color and it's gorgeous.I am carrying calla lilies and want my BMs to carry different flowers altogether. Someone suggested yellow tulips/roses but I'm afraid it's going to be too much of a POP of color. Besides whatever they carry, I'm going to incorporate into my bouquet as well.I should mention I'm making my own bouquets to save on money (Sams Club Floral!) so I don't have a professional florist to turn to for answers. HELP!

Re: Bridesmaid dresses

• edited December 2011
    They have white tulips you can buy through Sams.. but if you want an entirely different color, you could get tulips in different colors there as well... I think tulips would compliment calla lilies well.
  • edited December 2011
    you could try some stargazer lillies and/or some alstromarias to compliment your calla lillies. Maybe a soft pink with yellow centers. I love the idea of tulips and/or roses. However, I think both will be at a premium in February -- even if you are assembling your own bouquets. Usually the artificial spring flowers come out in January at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. You could look there just to get ideas of flower types and colors. Good Luck.
  • stephy1126stephy1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My color is Oasis which is a similar color and I am planning on bright pink, bright orange, and deep purple for all of our flowers. 
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • kerryocokerryoco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll go and experiment with the fake Hobby lobby flowers and see what I like. I decided to add yellow tissue paper pomanders with blue and green ribbon for the pew decorations to add the yellow elsewhere. And maybe have yellow on the cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards