Missouri-St Louis

Florist Sticker Shock

HELP!  Like everyone else, I'm on a tight budget.  I'm planning a wedding for Nov 21, 2009 (44 days away).  I just got a quote from a florist and nearly fell over.  Am I way off base or are these real prices??$19 for a SINGLE calla bout?$15 for a single rose bout?$25 for a corsage?$179 for my bouqet??My FULL flower budget is 190.  I only need 3 bouts, 5 corsages, and my bouqet, that's it.  Any suggestions???I'm getting married in Belleville, IL but can pick up flowers from anywhere around St Louis (North county prefereably) to save on delivery costs.TIASarah

Re: Florist Sticker Shock

• kag16kag16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Calla are expensive, I did learn that!  Those prices don't sound too far off.  How big was your bouquet?  Did they tell you how many flowers would be in it?
  • edited December 2011
    Try this florist...http://www.100bouquet.com/it is specifically for the bride on a budget.  I looked into Calla Lillies with the as well, here is what I found out-$10 for calla bout, so I am sure rose is cheaper$20 for calla corsageas for your bouquet it is priced this way with calla's-they take the number of calla's you want times $12.Hope this works for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 320 Invited so far!
    image 156 Are ready to party!
    image 54 Will be missing out!
    image 110 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    By the way, its off I-170 and Olive
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 320 Invited so far!
    image 156 Are ready to party!
    image 54 Will be missing out!
    image 110 Are MIA!
  • samnbritt2010samnbritt2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are you dead set on using real flowers? I just went to a wedding where the girl used all fake flowers and I thought they were real. Her bouts only cost her 1.50 to make. Or if you want real flowers maybe do fake flowers, then do your bouqet with real flowers. I really want to use real flowers for my wedding in april, but I would much rather put the extra money towards favors or something else. Plus the cost to preserve a real bouqet is crazy and I want to be able to put mine in a curio cabinet. Good luck!
  • mrsjandttobemrsjandttobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also a Nov. 21 bride and I just wanted to say good luck. Have you looked at doing the flowers through "Focus on Design" by Schnuck's? They seemed pretty reasonable to me.
  • reeree76reeree76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Flowerama there is one in Webster Groves near 44 and Shrewsbury.  Their # is (314) 645-0262. It was 6 years ago but I think that is what I paid for my flowers and I used roses and hydrangeas.
  • mickylvr1mickylvr1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those prices don't seem that unreasonable.  IMO I think your flower budget is pretty low for what you are wanting if you are going to have real flowers.You could try calling Ahner Florist from New Baden, IL (about 10-15 min from Belleville).  I am using her and she was about half the price of everyone else.
    Anniversary

• Shay2012Shay2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try www,Marrymeflowers.com Christy the owner is really easy to work with and they have packages available that are really inexepnsive. I paid under $500 but I also had a lot more then what you are needing. And she delivered to me on time. She delivers within a certain area for free so maybe she could meet you somewhere and then there would be no additional costs. Check out the website. The packages are on there, I just got married 2 weeks ago and my flowers where gorgous! Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using $100 dollar bouquet and the owner is really amazing. Now since my budget was low I went with roses and carnations but I am doing 6 bridesmaids bouquets, my bouquet, 11 bouts, and 6 corsages for $580 which includes delivery. If you told her your budget and what you wanted she would probably be able to work with you. I really enjoyed the experience!
  • edited December 2011
    I'd try Focus on Design (Schnuck's)- my single rose bouts were $7 there. Corsages ranged from $10-18, and my bouquet (3 dozen roses, 20 stephanotis with pearls) was $160. GL!
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    Walter Knoll has a wholesale shop downtown and they make beautiful stuff. I was just in to order my calla bouquet and they were approx $10 a stem. I told them my budget and she made it work and unlike other places they never tried to make me feel bad about my budget or talk me into spending more.
  • melbee327melbee327 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to la salle street in st. louis its flower wholesalers...if your feeling froggy make your own!!  bout. will be the easiest.  snucks gave my friend roses at 1.50 ea!!! and they have lasted for a whole week now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards