Missouri-St Louis
Options

Anyone else getting married on a Sunday?

We are getting married 9/5/10 - the Sunday before Labor Day.  Friends of ours mentioned all of these "Sunday discounts" offered by various vendors - have you had any luck with this?

Re: Anyone else getting married on a Sunday?

• Options
    smj139smj139 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on May 30th the Sunday before Memorial Day. Unfortunately many of our vendors are not giving us a Sunday discount because it is a holiday weekend.
  • Options
    shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As the previous post said, you probably won't see that because of the holiday weekend.  If it were a Sunday that wasn't a holiday, you would probably be saving quite a bit of money.  Alot of people choose to have their weddings on long weekends, so the vendors stick it to ya.  LoL
  • Options
    abzegzabzegz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married on the Friday before Thanksgiving.  We have gotten a LOT of discounts because it is a Friday, even though it is a holiday weekend.  I would say our wedding is about 1/2 the cost it would have been if had gotten married on a Saturday.  Our caterer alone was $2,500 cheaper.  DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK!  Whether it's a holiday weekend or not, there are lots of Fridays and Sundays that banquet halls sit empty.  So they can either discount it for you and get SOME money, opposed to it sitting empty, or you can find another vendor that will.  Sounds very bridezillaish, I know.  But it's true.  People will suck every penny out of you if they can.  In fact one of my bridal books biggest suggestion was when you are calling around getting prices, tell them it is for a reunion, not a wedding.  Because as soon as you mention a wedding, the price goes up.Good luck!
  • Options
    brandlebuggbrandlebugg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes! I'm getting married Sunday Nov 21 of next year. We're having our reception at the Gateway Center in Collinsville, IL. They offer half off the room rental when you have your event on a Friday or Sunday instead of a Saturday. Definitely a good way to save a penny or two!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Not TTC BFP#1- 08/18/2012. Missed M/C U/S- 09/13/2012. D/C- 09/28/12. WTT (waiting to try) until after I graduate with my masters
  • Options
    siphoney2siphoney2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm still thinking about getting married on a Sunday. It is much cheaper and it allows me to have more invites.
  • Options
    siphoney2siphoney2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm still thinking about getting married on a Sunday. It is much cheaper and it allows me to have more invites.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards