Missouri-St Louis
Options

Bands

We are looking for a band for our October 2010 wedding and have narrowed it down a bit after our first 3 options were all booked for our date. Any feedback would be great.Options are:Rhythm of the NiteAnita RosamondEveryday PeopleFantasySean Holland BandWe are looking for something that will keep our guests (of all ages) dancing all night.Thanks!

Re: Bands

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You had mentioned your looking for something that will keep your guests dancing all night..... have you thought about dueling pianos?  We used Jive and Wail and honestly it was awesome.... so far we are ranked the most fun wedding ever by a few friends and family :D   and we were worried because not alot of our friends and family like to dance....
  • Options
    kma212skma212s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually we have. We have a call out to RockStar Pianos but are waitinga reply. How much was Jive & Wail? I LOVE this idea, but wasn't sure of the expense.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the Jive & Wail idea, but also try Downtime Band. That's who I'm using and they're great! I have heard great things about Everyday People too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anita Rosamond played at my sisters wedding in April and was wonderful. Everyone raved about the music. We have booked her for our wedding as well.
  • Options
    kma212skma212s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We love Downtime as well but unfortunately they are already booked!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It seems like you have looked into a lot of different bands, what is the typical price range that you have seen? Just curious, as I am trying to decide between a band or DJ.  
  • Options
    kma212skma212s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bands range from $1500 (not many good ones in this price range though) through about $3000. This depends on number of hours & number of pieces. The quote I have for a DJ is around $1000 for 5 hours.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For DJs, I would go with Millennium Music. A friend just used them last Saturday and they were really good! Very reasonable too. I think $700 or $800. Very worth the money.
  • Options
    lebay1216lebay1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Boom who we have seen at a couple other weddings of friends.  They were awesome and kept everyone up and dancing until the very end.  I would highly recommend!  (website is boomstl.com)
  • Options
    kma212skma212s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boom books very early though! We tried to book them in September for October 2010 and were too late.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of booking the Sean Holland Band but would like to see a review first. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards