Missouri-St Louis
Options

Music Selection

Hi I'm getting married in May 2010 and I'm thinking about what music I should play. We haven't booked a band/DJ yet but I was just curious to what is being played at weddings. I have never been to wedding, actually I have but I was like 9 and the other one I've been to was my friend's grandparents wedding...very different atmosphere there lol! Also what are good father-daughter songs? Thanks so much! I just keep seeing that people are letting DJ's/Bands know what songs to play or not play and I was just curious to know what the big deal was.

Re: Music Selection

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The way I did my play or not play list was do not play any vuglar songs.  We had dueling pianos and we had our guests make song requests and some people were requesting some rap songs that had some words that where not child friendly.  So thats what we used that list for.As for the good father daugther songs.  Go to you tube and type in father daugther dances you will get a ton of results.  Also, if you and your dad had a song you would sing when you could dance to that.I know a really popular one is butterfly kisses by bob charlise.
  • Options
    crickit21crickit21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For a father-daughter song I used Daddy's Hands.
  • Options
    shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The song that we used for our father daughter dance was My Little Girl by Tim McGraw.  My Dad liked Butterfly Kisses, but it is just so overdone that he decided he didn't want to use it.  I found about a dozen songs and he picked which one he liked.  It worked out perfect for us.  We chose to play less traditional music throughout the wedding as well.  The parents came in to The Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson.  The bridal party came in to Johnny and June by Heidi Newfield.  I came in to Here Comes the Bride because you just have to keep some things.  LoL  We did our Hourglass Sand Ceremony to Lucky by Colbie Caillat and Jason Mraz and we walked out to Come And Go With Me by the Dell Vikings (think Joe vs the Volcano - he picked it and everyone thought it was so cute!)  We have heard consistently since the wedding that everyone really loved the music because it was SO us.  We really wanted it to be very personal, so we chose to do so.  We also chose our dinner music because we didn't want just muzak being played in the background.  We did alot of Harry Connick Jr and Anita Baker type music.  We really made the reception all about our guests and their enjoyment and have had nothing but raves about it ever since.  Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards