Missouri-St Louis

Hi, I'm new

Hi there, I"m new to the MO boards. My FI and I just decided to have the wedding "back home" in MO. Currently we live in WA state.I see that this board is pretty dead, so I'm hoping people check back :)Our wedding is going to be in Pike County, and I have NO IDEA where to find a photographer near there. Has anyone had their photog. travel for them? STL is about an hour and a half from our location. Any help would be great!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hi, I'm new

• edited December 2011
    Yes, this board isnt very active, so im not sure how much help you will get. It does take a while to get responses. I think many photogs will travel, just not sure how far. We are getting married in Eureka.... the very edge of west st. louis county. I booked a local photographer who has worked in our venue many times. I know this really isnt going to help you, sorry. Have you tried looking for photogs in that area??
    "I heard Jesus he drank wine, I'd bet we'd get along just fine. He can calm the storm and heal the blind and I bet he'd understand a heart like mine" ~Miranda Lambert
    We ride, never worry 'bout the fall.....I guess thats just the cowbow in us all ~Tim McGraw
  • edited December 2011
    When is your wedding? Our photographer is actually from Omaha, NE, but will travel for a very reasonable fee. She does amazing work and has very reasonable prices. I could recommend her if you would like.
    2012 Races
    GO! St. Louis Half Marathon-2:32:13
    Omaha Half Marathon 9.23.12
  • edited December 2011
    It's July 9th. I've looked at a few in STL, they all seem very reasonable compared to Seattle (where I live right now) We're taking several thousand dollars cheaper. Luckily all my family lives in MO, so they know where stuff is and all that. I think I can suck it up and pay a travel fee or whatever. Just as long as I have adorable pictures :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Our photographer's name is Amber Durr, the website is www.amberdurrphotography.com She does absolutely amazing work, I don't know if she is available for that date, but it might be worth a shot! If you need any more info, shoot me an email, jgleespen@yahoo.com
    2012 Races
    GO! St. Louis Half Marathon-2:32:13
    Omaha Half Marathon 9.23.12
  • edited December 2011
    THis board is slow, but I bet almost any photographer you contacted would probably be willing to travel.You could also try checking out stlwed dot com as that board is MUCH MUCH more active
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Our photog travels. They are driving an hour and a 1/2 to our wedding with a  very small fee. They are www.ikandiphotography.com. Great peeps. Love your main photo!!
  • shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Natural Aspects out of St Charles MO.  They traveled to Belleville IL and we didn't have any extra fee, which is about 45 minutes depending on how you drive.  We are THRILLED with our pictures and the prices were very reasonable for all of the albums and pictures that we got.  Regina was our photographer and she was great. :-)  They were very quick to post our pictures online, and now we are just waiting on albums.  I can't wait!!!  Included was a 20 page flush mount, a 5x5 duplicate flush mount, a signing album, three 8x10s, 300 prints of the day, an engagement session, copyright released CD's of both engagement and wedding day and 5 hours of time.  Naturally where we ran into more money was albums, but all of that was $2000.  We did alot of comparing and that was about middle of the road, but the quality has been great so far.  Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    This woman is very friendly and accommodating. She actually did my fiance's senior photos when he graduated high school (we stumbled across one on her website unexpectedly--weird!) She's located in Bowling Green; where is your wedding? http://www.shannonwalkerphotography.com/index.php
    My fiance is from Bowling Green, so I'm just curious :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards