Missouri-St Louis
Options

Our photog ditched us!

Help!
Our photographer just moved to California and had previously promised us that she would be back in town to shoot our May wedding, but now she is having her new business partner (who we have never met or seen her work) contact us saying she will be shooting our wedding!  Our original contract says that in the "unlikely event of personal illness" someone else will be assigned to shoot the wedding but does not mention any other circumstances.  Does anyone know if that covers us to get out of our contract?  They also want us to sign a new contract with many more stipulations than the original, which we do not feel we should have to do.  We have a meeting set up with the business partner later this week, so we will know more then, but I'm just so angry and need to vent!!!

Any suggestions for great photographers that we may be able to get on 4 months notice if we need to fire her????  Our wedding is on a Friday, so hopefully that will help with availability.  Thanks!

Re: Our photog ditched us!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked with someone like Trotter?  They may be a bit pricier, but definitely good quality! 

I would assume that this whole situation is right enough for you to get out of the contract, after all, since she moved, and has assigned someone else to your wedding for reasons not given in the contract, I'd consider it null and void now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 99 Invited!
    image 45 Are Psyched!
    image 5 Are L0$3RZ
    image 49 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I would recommend checking with Jodi Schlosser www.jodischlosser.com. We are using her for our weddingin May and she does great work.  We loved our engagement session.  Since your wedding is on a Friday it is more likely that photographers won't be booked.  Good luck!

• Options
    shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer was fabulous!  My husband's uncle was getting married six weeks after us and still needed a photographer when September rolled around.  They tried two other places and ended up with Natural Aspects, which was who we used and recommended to them.  They booked in September for their November 21st wedding.  They have great packages that are extremely reasonable and we were thrilled with our photographer.  We had Regina, and she did a great job!  As previous posts said, I would think you can get out of your original contract with no problem.  You may end up losing some money, though, if the company really wants to fight with you about it.  If you are prepared to do that, I would walk away with no regrets.  The whole situation sounds a little fishy to me, and that is one aspect that you DEFINITELY want to make sure goes without a hitch on that day.  Sounds to me like these people might be there, might not.  Better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a great suggestion try

http://www.livelaughlovefotography.com/

they are priced right and are very professional :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry ! Just to make things more nerve wrecking for you during planning! We have decided to go with i Kandi Photography. Great packages IMO. I would think you should be able to get out of ur contract. You hire someone because of the work they do and if they dont live up to THEIR end of the contact, you shouldnt have to and you also shouldnt have to SETTLE for the person they have put in charge. What if their work isnt as good as the Photographer you originally contracted?? Doesnt sound right to me. I would get out if you are not comfortable with that change. Good luck to you
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am OBSESSED with my photographers, Sal and Taylor Cincotta. Check their website out at www.salcincotta.com. They also do really exquisite videography!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm in the same exact boat as you. I am pretty sure your photog is the same as ours. She did the same thing to someone I work with too. We had her write in our contract that she would be our photographer, and she "says" she will be back in town for wedding . . . but who knows. We are getting our engagement pics done by her assistant in March and I'm sure we will have to resign stuff too. But I'm trying not to worry about it. If she doesn't make it, I will definitely be fiing a complaint and getting some of my money back. Send me a message if you want to discuss stuff. I know how frustrated you feel.
    Mommy-to-Be
  • Options
    umslartumslart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That really blows. Obe of my good friends is a photographer. www.sofiseckphotography.com and she is AMAZING.  Check out her stuff. I hope you find someone you love! 
  • Options
    AmyB1978AmyB1978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bluesgurl, I sent you a message :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Larissa Photography.  She is super cool.  She works with her husband TJ. I've seen her work, she photo'd a friends wedding.  Great price- Love Her.
    www.larissaphotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards