Missouri-St Louis

Edible St. Louis-themed favors...

Hey ladies...

So I'm trying to brainstorm on what kind of favors I could have for my wedding next year. I definitely want edible favors...I'd take things I can eat over a trinket any day. But I want it to be St. Louis themed..or a product made here. I thought of bottles of Fitz's rootbeer (or their flavored sodas) but my FI didnt like that idea. Any suggestions? TIA!
Photobucket Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Edible St. Louis-themed favors...

• ahsegalahsegal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gooey Louie has individual gooey butter cakes that would be really cute.  Or Bissinger's chocolate is only in St. Louis.  
  • edited December 2011
    Second the gooey butter cake rec.  We did those in our OOT bags along with Fitz's soda for the kids and Budweiser 6 packs for the adults.

You can also do custom molded chocolates with an Arch mold, I have a friend that did that.  It's fairly affordable because it is DIY. 

My last suggestion is to do something standard that can be made St. Louisey, like custom decorated sugar cookies.  Schnuck's did these for our RD in place of a rehearsal dinner in 3 designs that were special to my H.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • ashmady11123ashmady11123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to crown candy kitchen and get some heavenly hash... expensive but SO worth it.  The mini gooey louie's will be $2/each.  Also worth it.  I got one per couple.
  • edited December 2011
    Italian cookies from a bakery on the Hill (we love the Missouri Baking Company).
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Banks, Almost Famous
  • SLUmagpieSLUmagpie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about Gus's Pretzels?
  • 91011bride91011bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Gus's Pretzels with Cheese!! :)
  • HarmlHarml member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok I just posted a huge post about this bakery so this may seem a little obsessive, but Whipt Cream in Chesterfield does some really adorable fondant work that can be done on either cupcakes or sugar cookies! They have a bunch of the St. Louis cardinals all around their store http://www.flickr.com/photos/whiptcream/5720654692/in/photostream
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards