Missouri-St Louis

Photographer--engagement pictures ONLY

Hi St. Louis brides! This is my first post on this board, I am actually getting married in Columbus, OH but my fiance and I live here.

I am looking for a photographer to take our engagement pictures only since we will choose a Columbus photographer for our wedding day.

I don't need a million pictures, just a few nice ones of us in the city where we live. I am looking for middle of the road--not the most expensive but someone who still has a good eye for composition.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart

Re: Photographer--engagement pictures ONLY

• cgeithmancgeithman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try www.foreveryoursimages.com. Her engagement package is only $105. You can find her on TK too. She did our engagements pics at Main Street St. Charles ad they turned out so great! Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • crh1020crh1020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like Nicole Welch's work, but unfortinately she was booked on our date, so I don't have any personal experience with her.

http://www.nicolewelchphotography.com/index2.php
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies! I will definitely check out both.
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • daisywithakdaisywithak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://victordeanliouphotography.com/

Try Victor Liou.  He did our engagment photos and is doing our wedding.  He is a graduate student who also does photography.  He takes great shots, listens, and is kind and dependable.
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, unless you have your heart set on an STL location or you can't make a trip to Columbus, I'd really recommend having your wedding photographer take your e-pics.  It's an opportunity for them to meet you and get a preview of your wedding and for you to test out the photographer. i had a friend who hated her e-pics and switched photographers. I think she would have been heartbroken with the results of the original photographer.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    www.livelaughlovefotogaphy.com Tori and Nicole are extremely good at what they do, they are friendly and flexible....very willing to try new things and creative with their photographs!  They have reasonable rates!
  • jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second what mrsthiel2011 said.  Having your wedding photographer take your e-pics is kind of like a "practice run" before the wedding- it gives both of you a sense of how you'll work together on your wedding day and allows you to be more relaxed on the wedding day, resulting in better photos.  You will have enough nerves the day of, it will make a difference having already been photographed by your wedding photographer and feeling comfortable with him. Most wedding photographers are willing to travel- have you talked to him about it?  Maybe you could meet in the middle in a city such as Indianapolis- you could still get some cool, urban pics.
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the additional suggestions. 

I will think about having our photos taken in Columbus instead. I wanted to have them taken in STL since that is where we live now, but I see your point about them being a trial run for the wedding day with the photographer. 

Thanks again to all of you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards