August 2013 Weddings
Options

Where is everyone with their planning?

Just wondering where everyone is with their wedding planning. I have only booked my reception venue, so all the posts about people booking photographers and ordering invitations are making me a little nervous. So..  what have you planned so far?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where is everyone with their planning?

• Options

Ive only went to one venue which is the venue I want but i have called around to a photographer and a dj thankfully the venues package includes a cake person so its all a matter of time and money money money lol

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    I've only booked my venue which is for both my ceremony and reception. They will provide the food and such, so no need for a caterer.

Right now, I'm just looking, but I'm hoping to book the big things over the summer - photographer, DJ, and maybe flowers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    So far we have booked our...

Reception and ceremony venue
    Caterer
    DJ
    Photographer

While booking our photographer (last week) she said we were lucky to get her for our day as she already had people calling about 2014 weddings. Things here book up really fast. We had to move our wedding date just so we could get the venue we wanted. We were originally going to get married in September 2013.
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary

I've only booked my venue, but it comes with catering.  I am planning on talking to a local bakery within the next few months about if they can do cupcakes for us and maybe a florist (for those weirdly awesome rainbow roses, because I'm too nervous about ordering them online).  We aren't having a DJ and I need to talk to a friend about doing photography for us - very low key.  But my rambling aside, my FI and I were very happy with our venue and booked it a few months ago and they already had people coming in for 2014, and just started getting Saturdays booked in August when we booked our Sunday.

Oh! I also got my dress already.  First one I tried on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So far I have booked

Ceremony/Reception Venue (it comes with catering)
    Photographer

I'm almost postive on my

Cake venue
    DJ

and I already have my dress...I know it's early but i found one I absolutly LOVED so I had to get it. It's not altered or anything yet, just sitting in my closet torturing me! I'm having a family friend do flower's so theres no need for that. I would say to book the reception venue, and photographer first! They book up like almost 2 years in advance sometimes. I don't know why you would order invites this early. I don't think it is necessary. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have been searching for somewhere outside to have a ceremony but we have 
    made our save the dates(got a really good deal like 120 for $35
    booked photographer
    venue for reception
    DJ.

Then I have been working on a lot of my DIY projects
    bouquets are done
    aisle runner 
    bridemaids totes
    bridesmaid hangers
    blinged cake topper
    gifts sign and we do sign

and we bought our DIY invites but havent done them up yet.....
    I figure start now rather than be stressed and pressed for time later on i mean before you know it summer is over and its a year out. GL
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    So far we have only booked the Ceremony/Reception Venue (includes Catering)

Hopefully by the end of the  month we will have booked
    Photographer
    DJ

And  have started on some of the DYI projects including
    Fabric Bunting
    Lace Covered Vases

Happy Planning :)

• Options
    As of now I have the following secured:
    -Church for ceremony and rehearsal
    -Country Club for reception (includes catering and cake)
    -Photographer (2 photographers for the whole day)
    -DJ
    -Bridal Party
    -Engagement Pictures are scheduled for the end of the month

I'm taking a break from planning for right now, but by the end of the summer I want to have started the following:
    -Pre-cana and all the church's marriage prep
    -Dress shopping
    -Florist appointments
    -Hotel block for guests
  • Options
    So far all I have gotten done is the church booked for rehearsal dinner and ceremony and I have bought my dress. I was told by my mother that I am not allowed to do any more planning till july, but not to her knowledge my FI and I have been looking at reception sites and trying to figure out a DJ. I am still in college so doing a little at a time plus a lot of DIY stuff!!
    ONE LUCKY GIRL!!
  • Options
    SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    We have booked our ceremony and reception venue, which includes the food, beverage and cake (so no need for an outside caterer).  We have booked a wedding coordinator for just the day of the wedding, to make sure all of the vendors show up, etc.  We also have booked our photographer and we have the date reserved with a florist.  I am holding off on the DJ until September, mostly because I am torn between 2 DJs and a couple of people on my local board are using them this summer so I am waiting for their reviews, ha ha!   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    prloveprlove member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Okay I went a little crazy and now I'm slowing down.  This is what I have so far:

-ceremony/venue space- which includes food/bar/cake
    -bridal party
    -dress  (love the dress but semi regret it now)
    -favors
    -tears of joy packets that I DIYed
    -BM gifts
    -Some GM gifts
    -On the fence about the flowers but have the proposal and quote already
    -DJ
    -Currently working on DIYing the table numbers
    -Currently working on the save the dates

Ummmm... I think that's it!  Now it's about raising the money for the venue!!
  • Options
    So far we've:

-booked ceremony/ reception site ( includes catering)
    -ordered save the dates
    -purchased flower girl dress
    - bridal party
    - purchased programs

I know I have a long way to go. Lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards