Missouri-St Louis

HELP!!

Hi All,

I've been engaged for about a year now and I am just now getting started with the plans for my wedding which is May 14, 2011. I have no idea where to start..if anyone has any suggestions at all please post it! I need all the help I can get at this point.

Jessica

Re: HELP!!

• edited December 2011
    Hi, My name is Breanna. I have been engaged since January 2009 and am getting married May 22, this year. 1st off I have been doing wedding planning and coordination for budget savvy brides for almost 4 years. I am very very affordable for every budget. Plus I recomend using planning sites such as OneWed.com and GetMarried.com they have budget organizers that really help and schedule for when you need to have stuff reserved by. I fully recommend Craigslist.com for vendors if you are on a budget. My budget is 9500 and I am getting everything I ever wanted even a killer dress, I just took time to do all the research ( which took almost 6 months alone) Let me know if you need any help or pointers.
    Bre_426@hotmail.com

Conratulations!
  • edited December 2011

What a coincidence!  My wedding is on May 14, 2011!!  Welcome to the boards! 

I'd say that first you should estabolish your budget, how much you can save, and how much of savings you already have.

From there, its just sheer research on all the different venues, and caterers.  I'd REALLY get on the wagon for a reception venue though, because our original date was June 4, but the place we wanted was booked!  (Mind you, they started 2011 bookings on Janurary 1)

Good luck, and don't be afraid to ask for more help!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 99 Invited!
    image 45 Are Psyched!
    image 5 Are L0$3RZ
    image 49 Are MIA!
  • mmdpmmmdpm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Start with the ceremony venue first and foremost if you want a religious ceremony.  Churches book up fast!  After you have secured you date for the church/temple go ahead and start scouting out reception venues.  From there you can decide on the dress, florals, photographer, DJ, cake, bridesmaid dresses, tuxes, etc.  But remember in long run all you need to get married is a license, a bride, a groom, an official, and witnesses.

Good luck and keep asking for help!
  • edited December 2011
    I personally would suggest you figure out your guest list & budget, then book your reception venu (and caterer), after that I would find a ceremony location (there are tons of churches and many locations you can have a ceremony), then I would find the photographer... after that you can start working on your dress (most places will tell you this will take at least 6 months to ship and alter, so be prepared), and other things.

For excellent wedding planning help in the STL area check out stlweddotcom.  The ladies there are very helpful & honest, plus they have tons of local vendor reviews.
  • tiptonbranditiptonbrandi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would def. say figure out a ballpark budget and start looking for venues.  My wedding is June 4,2011 and I had to book my reception and ceremony (at the same spot) site in January.  Partly that was due to so many people looking at our date already (not just at our venue) but also because I was anxious to get the biggest decision out of the way! 
    Also I would buy a planning book! They usually have a great checklist of anything you could possibly think of!  That way you know you are covered with everything!  Good luck and happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards