Ohio-Columbus
Options

Grooms Gift

Does any one have any idea for a grooms gift besides the normal cuff links or watch?! I've been struggling with this for a while and have no idea... help!

Re: Grooms Gift

• Options
    Freckles27Freckles27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got our GMs personalized pub signs.  Each GM is getting some sign that is associated with their interests (football, golf, pharmeceuticals, etc.) My FI is the last to get married out of his friends, and we didn't want to go the usual flask/mug route.  You can just google it and there are several sites now, when we purchased them there were only 2 sites.
    And then brown socks because they're wearing chocolate tuxes.
  • Options
    jodskijodski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance (now husband!!) got his groomsmen personalized shot glasses and a bottle of gentleman's jack. They seemed to like it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I am reading this correctly, you are asking about a gift for your fiance, not the groomsmen, right? I suggest looking into any hobbies or passions he has, or something he's been saying he wants. We're not doing any additional gifts for each other. For us, the wedding, our rings, and our new house are enough to give each other and we don't need to give ourselves any other gift. But I would fish for answers out of your fiance and see if there's anything he's dying to have.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My FI and I really want a dog but where we are living right now we cant have one.  Around the time we are getting married we are going to be moving so I have been thinking about getting him a puppy.  Maybe hockey tickets or jersey because he loves hockey.  I am not into the traditional gifts like cuff links or flasks.  However if he is needing a new watch around the time of our wedding i might get him a watch with an engraving on the back, I guess.

• Options
    Freckles27Freckles27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  My bad kids!  Completely misread the post's question!  The popular thing right now is boudoir pics.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine got a really nice bottle of wine engraved with their wedding anniversary date. They drank the bottle on the one year anniversary.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends exchanged a new perfume/cologne with her husband on their wedding day.  The idea is that you wear the new scent for the first time that day and whenever you wear it again, it reminds you of your wedding day.  I think it's sentimental and a nice way to ensure you don't spend a lot more $$$ (since if you're like me, the wedding is quickly drying up your bank account).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am making a time capsule for my fiance. I am including notes from family members notes I have written for him throughout the planning process. Our engagement pics, cards and just things I think he would have fun seeing again in 20 years.... It was inexpensive and fun plus something I belive it orginal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are filling out the book "What I Love About You" (Can be found at bn.com or barnes and noble stores).  It's questions all about our relationship and how we view each other and so on and so forth.  We're filling them out, not letting the other see, until after the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI is a chef so a watch or even an ornate wedding band is out of the question. I'm going to find a beautiful celtic cross that he can wear everyday. He always mentions he wishes he had one to wear everyday and every time he mentions it I try to change the subject b/c I want to buy it for him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards