Missouri-St Louis
Options

Florist

Did anyone else use Distinctive Designs Florist? I think she has gone out of business without telling her customers... my wedding is in two months and I learned this by desperately trying to get ahold of her and getting no response.  I lost my deposit. 

If you were looking into this business, don't even bother. 

Just wanted to warn others!
Anniversary

Re: Florist

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!!!  I had no idea, she is doing my wedding.  I have more time than you, I guess she isn't really doing my wedding.  Wow!  Thanks for the update!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live here in the same town she does, I will go by and see if there is anything posted on the store front.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Her shop has no signs up; everything is still there but they are never open.

I have FINALLY gotten ahold of her on her cell phone (which she provided in her shop vmail)... she sounded surprised to hear from me.  I feel like if she knew I were a customer she wouldn't have answered.  Her reasoning for not repsonding to me for 2 weeks was that "the internet in her shop is not working, and she gets all phone messages through her email"... huh? Obviously her cell phone is working, and I left a message on that a week ago too.  Not a good excuse.
    She said she didn't want to talk because she didn't have my file with her, so she would call me back later.  Hopefully she actually does. 
    The conversation didn't seem right.  This whole thing seems really shady.  I still want to find a new florist, and wouldn't recommend her.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not making excuses for her at all!  She is a business woman and should not be treating you this way at all!!!  I do know that she has a lot of kind of major things going on in her personal life and that could be part of it.  I hope you end up with beautiful flowers that you love for your wedding wherever they come from!  And, thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    Meagan0528Meagan0528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was just browsing and wanted to let you know that if you do (hopefully you don't though) end up needing a florist last minute, call Karen @ Belvia's Blooms in Union MO.  She did my wedding (last minute, also!) and the flowers were beautiful!!
    GL to you though....that's a tough call.

Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Lilypie First Birthday tickers PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really....surprised you had a good experience with her, I have gotten HORRIBLE customer service every time I have gone in Belvia's Blooms.  My parents live around the corner from there...they are awful!
  • Options
    Meagan0528Meagan0528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's terrible to hear!  I don't know, they were great with me.  How strange.....
    Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Lilypie First Birthday tickers PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards