Missouri-St Louis
Options

Affordable wedding Ceremony Locale

My wedding is  about three months away, and on such short notice, the original place that Iwas intially going to have my wedding ceremony at is non-existent.  So, I hadn't set a budget for the ceremony location.  Now, I am in DESPERATE NEED of an affordable and desirable ceremony location that costs next to nothing.  HELP!!!

Re: Affordable wedding Ceremony Locale

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What part of town are you wanting it to be in?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As long as it is in the St Louis Metropolitan area, I am fine with it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about having it in a park? They might be the cheapest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most parks are free or have a small fee to hold a ceremony there.  The St. Louis County Parks website has a listing of wedding ceremony locations and their fees.  Also, State Park areas are a small fee as well.  If you are willing to have a ceremony in a church, depending on your faith.  Usually this is based on a suggested donation as opposed to a set fee.  What are you wanting?  Inside, outside? where is your reception space?  Can you use part of your reception venue or something adjacent to your reception venue?
  • Options
    MeShell841MeShell841 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  I noticed that your wedding date is the day before mine.  We are getting married Sunday September 5th at Tower Grove Park at the Music Stand.  I know for a fact that its available Saturday September 4th all day because we just called to see when we can have our rehersal.  It's $200 an hour.  I know thats not super cheap but they already have park bench seating for about 200 people so you wouldn't have to rent anything else. If you have a quick ceremony and some good friends and family to help set up any extra decorations you want, you could get it for just 1 hour to keep it cheaper.  If this sound like something you'd be interested in, you can email me and I'll let you know more about it.  SchulzeMC@gmail.com

Either way, Good Luck!!  I'm sure you'll find something you love so try not to stress too much :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Civic Centre Park in St. Peters.  IT's absolutely beautiful there! And I believe it is $70 for 2 hours.
  • Options
    MrsKubes13MrsKubes13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are getting married in a local park. They are indeed very inexpensive, ours is only $20/hr. Not to mention, many have beautiful views, so there are ample places to take wedding photos and you don't have to do a whole lot of decorating. And as MeShell841 said, some even have seating already. Good luck in your search!
  • Options
    keziah23keziah23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check hotels, I am getting my ceremony room all day for $175
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    to kenzia
    what hotel are you getting married in? I would love to have an outdoor wedding, but we are getting married August 6th 2011 and thats just too hot. So a wedding at a hotel would be good. Are you having your reception there as well?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out this group.  Very informative and can help you:

http://www.meetup.com/STL-and-Metro-Brides-To-Be/
  • Options
    Me and my husband are renewing our vows next year on July 13th, our budget is 5500 i don't want to go expensive i want to look for a place where i can hold a wedding and a reception that is cheap. I need help and im freaking out 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards