Missouri-St Louis

Do NOT, I repeat do NOT use this DJ.

I was recently married in July and I used STL Dj services.  I have to admit I looked all over the STL boards for a dj recomindation for a DJ and STL DJ's looked good, cheap and the guy was really quick to respond to all my emails.  Ladies do not book through them PLEASE, I have to say just spend the extra three or four hundred dollars and go with someone more professtional.  When I booked with STL DJ  I filled out all the paperwrok they asked me to (name of time I want everything, names, song requests ect.) When it came time for our reception the DJ met us at the door (great I thought) and said I typed everything out and had everything layed out so nice he said it was all no problem with how things will work out.  WRONG, I was in tears, having to tell my sister or mom to go tell him to annouce everything. Ladies I do mean everything, entrance, cake cutting, first dance EVERYTHING.  Then later on after dinner I was at the bar and he comes up and orders some weird patron drink.  I thought WTF, I asked my mom about it and she confirmed that he has been drinking all night long.  To make matters worse at the end of the night he kept coming up to myself and my parents asking if he did everything ok & also telling us he was getting ready to leave.  We knew he wanted a tip and just to get him out of my face my dad gave him some money to get the hell out. 

**Ladies PLEASE go with someone else. *** They sound great on paper but were the worst.  If you need anymore info please email me and I will tell all. 

Re: Do NOT, I repeat do NOT use this DJ.

• edited December 2011
    That just goes to show that skimping on certain wedding vendors is NOT actually beneficial to you in the end. What you pay for is what you get, but there are still some great mid priced services out there. Never go for the lowest deal, you will be sorry for it later. Sorry to hear this tale! A DJ should make your evening wonderful, not stressful! Regards, Amanda

Amanda M Kar | Amkar Photography | St. Louis, MO | www.amkarphoto.com
  • edited December 2011
    oh dear, you should be sure to review him on the knot wedding channel reviews
  • edited December 2011
    a friend of mine used them and had almost the same problem! he showed up in shorts and no sleeve shirt to hers!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AHHHH!!!!

Thank you so much for posting that!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards