Missouri-St Louis
Options

Catering by Georgianna and Shrewsbury Ballroom: thoughts, past experiences?

Just wondering if anyone used Catering by Georgianna as their caterer or the Shrewsbury Ballroom for their ceremony/reception site?  The prices seem too good to be true.  I'm helping plan my sister-in-law's wedding, and these were both in her price range.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated (i.e., what tasted great, what didn't, if anything, what worked really well in the venue, etc.)  Thanks!
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Banks, Almost Famous

Re: Catering by Georgianna and Shrewsbury Ballroom: thoughts, past experiences?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to say that we talked to Catering by Georgian when I first started to look for a caterer and that's exactly what I thought.  Well, we didn't actually decide to go with them but what I did notice is that they nickel and dime you every chance they get.  If you want to use their dish-ware, it is cheap looking Styrofoam...  If you decide to use one of their other products like less cheap looking dish-ware, it cost extra... and not just a little bit.  I have to say that it would have costed about $15 a plate rather than what they said and that was without all the services like bar-tending service, bussing service, gratuity, etc.  We went to a tasting though and their food was amazing but if you do decide to go with them, know that you are going to be charged for EVERYTHING... nothing is just "thrown in".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards