Missouri-St Louis
Options

Looking for an outdoor ceremony/reception venue near Washington, MO

Hi! I'm looking for a venue where I can have both my ceremony and reception. I've considered parks, but our wedding is in late August and I'm afraid it might be too hot to have both outside. I'm on a VERY tight budget and I thought I could save by having the ceremony and reception in the same place. We always wanted an outside wedding. I thought we could set up a sound system and avoid a large dj expense, and have BBQ, pasta salad, fruit salad..etc. What do you guys think? Have you been to a wedding like that before? I want it to be fun and informal...mostly because I can't afford to have a big extravagant wedding. If you have any helpful suggestions as to a better venue than a park pavilion for the reception and gazebo for the ceremony....I'm all ears. Thank you in advance. This is so stressful! Lol

Re: Looking for an outdoor ceremony/reception venue near Washington, MO

• Options
    I think you should do whatever you want! Personally I think taking a loan out or cleaning out the bank for one day of your life together is a little silly UNLESS you can afford it.... Even though there  are always people who judge and like to say how a wedding "should" be orchestrated, it is only SUPPOSE to be a personal union of your love and there are NO RULES how you go should about it.
    I, too, am having a semi- casual wedding & reception as well.  I like the rustic theme and having the natural outdoors as a backdrop.  I think I found the perfect spot for our wedding and maybe for yours too!  I am getting married in Sept of 2013 at Quail RIdge Lodge in Wentzville.  Im not sure how close to Washington that is but probably not too far.  ANyway it is a big open lodge with huge glass wall windows.  It is located on a 250 acre park (Quail RIdge park) and DOES have a gazebo outside that you get ot use if needed.... but the lodge makes it better than any old park/ gazebo site.  You can be inside the lodge in the AC and still get the rustic scenery of the surrounding woods through the big open windows...  or you can go outside the lodge in the big field too!  Best part- the price!! It is only $650 to rent the lodge for the enitre day (9am-11pm) AND you can use whatever caterer you want OR jsut bring your own food and alcohol! They are very laid back with what you do as there is no one that actually will be working in the lodge while you are having your event.  You simply pick up and drop off the key to the park ranger before and after event.  Look up some pics of the place.  Its quite pretty and has beautiful natural scenery around it.  :) 
    Hope this may be helpful! p.s. they book up wayyyy in adnvace so youd want to JUMP ON IT if the date is in the next year or even two! 
  • Options
    Any of the wineries in Augusta! They are all pretty close to Washington so just pick whichever one is the closest and go from there. I think most of them offer wedding/reception packages.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am ALSO getting married at Quail Ridge Lodge in September 2013! Best hidden gem I have ever found! They just happened to have a cancellatin the day before I called for the Exact tieframe I wanted-definitely a sign! Beautiful grounds and yes-extremely good price! If you were worried abuot people driving at night you can even have your wedding/reception during the day and end early evening. Last time I talked to them they had a cancellation next June but most likely is gone by now. It never hurst to call them and ask though. Just call the St. Charles county Parks number.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_looking-for-an-outdoor-ceremonyreception-venue-near-washington-mo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:b1659d10-45d3-44c9-8186-f290c2c05231Post:b568a196-f94e-4fb5-b90f-08820b3b7ef5">Re: Looking for an outdoor ceremony/reception venue near Washington, MO</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you should do whatever you want! Personally I think taking a loan out or cleaning out the bank for one day of your life together is a little silly UNLESS you can afford it.... Even though there  are always people who judge and like to say how a wedding "should" be orchestrated, it is only SUPPOSE to be a personal union of your love and there are NO RULES how you go should about it. I, too, am having a semi- casual wedding & reception as well.  I like the rustic theme and having the natural outdoors as a backdrop.  I think I found the perfect spot for our wedding and maybe for yours too!  I am getting married in Sept of 2013 at Quail RIdge Lodge in Wentzville.  Im not sure how close to Washington that is but probably not too far.  ANyway it is a big open lodge with huge glass wall windows.  It is located on a 250 acre park (Quail RIdge park) and DOES have a gazebo outside that you get ot use if needed.... but the lodge makes it better than any old park/ gazebo site.  You can be inside the lodge in the AC and still get the rustic scenery of the surrounding woods through the big open windows...  or you can go outside the lodge in the big field too!  Best part- the price!! It is only $650 to rent the lodge for the enitre day (9am-11pm) AND you can use whatever caterer you want OR jsut bring your own food and alcohol! They are very laid back with what you do as there is no one that actually will be working in the lodge while you are having your event.  You simply pick up and drop off the key to the park ranger before and after event.  Look up some pics of the place.  Its quite pretty and has beautiful natural scenery around it.  :)  Hope this may be helpful! p.s. they book up wayyyy in adnvace so youd want to JUMP ON IT if the date is in the next year or even two! 
    Posted by toniamarie19[/QUOTE]

Toniamarie-Do you have any suggestions for chair rental-Dj-or photographer in that area? I have talked to Crossroads rental wo will deliver chairs and pick up for fairly reasonable but have yet to find Dj and Photographer. Do you have a caterer yet?Our date is 9/14/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards