Missouri-St Louis

Butterfly House

Has anyone been married there or attended a wedding at the Butterfly House?

Re: Butterfly House

• edited December 2011
    No.  But, I think it could be so cool and the old carousel is there, which I think would be a cool spot to get some unique pics!
  • edited December 2011
    My cousin got married there!  I can probably answer most of the questions you have if you have any specific.  If you want pictures I don't have them on my comp but I can check my external hard drive.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding there. It was gorgeous. Guests got to walk through the area with the butterflies for free and the ceremony was held out back around the little pond they have there. I don't know if this is standard, but the couple set up a tent where they served food and had dancing.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks--My daughter is looking into having her wedding there in 2012.

I only worry about rain!!?

• edited December 2011
    I bet it will be fine- the only issue would be walking from the car for your guests.  Everything else for my cousin's wedding was under tents.  

Even if it did rain she could always use an adorable umbrella- it rained all day on my wedding day and our whole wedding party just smiled through it- pictures turned out amazingly because there was no sun creating shadows or making people squint.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    My cousin got married there and surprisingly, she said she was very dissapointed. She said they only gave her 2 hours total for the ceremony and photos and they were very particular about where she could go to get pics. It rained a little and they were not very sympathetic about letting her go over to get some good outdoor photos. She said she felt very rushed. Im sure everyone has a different experience, but I wanted to share that just in case. I  guess it would all depend on how long your ceremony is and just make sure to ask ahead of time where you're allowed to do pics
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards