Missouri-St Louis

Busch Stadium Ceremony and Reception Suggestions

We are on the waiting list at Busch Stadium for next June or July.  Has anyone had their wedding there and do you have any suggestions, negotiating insights, food reviews, etc?

Re: Busch Stadium Ceremony and Reception Suggestions

• edited December 2011
    I am having my reception there in September, and they are a pain in the butt to get ahold of, just a heads up! My fiance and I are die hard cardinals fans and have season tickets. I just found out today that soda is NOT included in the buffet price, which is almost $33 a person, and it would be an extra $11.95 a person for soda to be included, or you can go by consumption and it is $2.50 a soda! I think it is completely ridiculous, especially since they won't let you bring you in your own soda. We are having a very small wedding because we wanted our reception here, and it almost isn't worth it. The customer service is absolutely HORRIBLE. I will be writing a letter as soon as this is all over. 
  • edited December 2011
    I agree!  I had the hardest time even getting a response to get on the waiting list.  I finally got a response from an intern that's working there and he was awesome but I sent him a list of questions and he couldn't answer them so he got me in touch with Chris.

We'll see what happens!
  • Jenniferm911Jenniferm911 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding/reception there in Aug, so I will let you know how the day goes.  We have had some trouble getting ahold of them and I didn't like the fact that there was no food tasting ( I hope it all tastes good--esp for the price I'm paying!!!) and it costs extra for lots of little things--we a have a guest list of approx 115.  
    FINGERS, TOES......... CROSSED!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011

No tastings?!  Crazy!  Definately let me know!!  I'm very curious if it's worth it. What are the little things that are extra that you're referring to?

• edited December 2011
    I know that you aren't allowed to bring in any food or drinks, We were going to bring in a few bottles of sparkling grape juice for the head table for the toast (I will be 7 months preg) and they won't let us. The only drinks included in the buffet are coffee, water and tea, so you have to pay for soda, which is about $12/person on top of the $32/person for the buffet. If you want to take pictures on the field (if you don't have your ceremony there at least) it is $175 for an hour. Plus on top of the food costs you have to pay taxes and a service charge, the service charge is 21%. If you have an evening reception the minimum requirement for food is $3000, you also have to pay for the venue itself, and the Champions Club is $1,500, unless you have season tickets, then you get a 20% discount. I'm not sure of any other little things at this point.
  • Jenniferm911Jenniferm911 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

The soda and bar package is a bit ridiculous---but they do provide all the tables, chairs, linens(unless you want special) and china.  Some places provided none of that.  We are also gonna have Fredbird (extra cost) at the reception for an hour.  The Millennium Hotel  worked a deal with us for a block of rooms at a discount for our guests.  If you get married on the field (we are) you get use of the jumbo-tron and we made a video/dvd for when we all walk in. 

• edited December 2011
    Jennifer, Congrats on your big day!!! I was just wondering how everything went at Busch?! We had our final walk through yesterday and I'm getting ready to send our menu in to the caterer to finalize it. Let us know and I hope your new marriage is amazing so far!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards