Missouri-St Louis

Need RD suggestions! STL

I'm sure this has been thrown up here a million times by now, but I'm not seeing anything current that helps.
I'm getting married in Clayton, St. Louis and am looking for a rehearsal dinner place that's nice, but not super expensive. Think less than $20-$30 a head and the MOG would like to have it include drinks, if even just beer and house wine.
We can go anywhere from the Hill to Old St. Charles, but I'd like to keep the abiance nice without getting snooty.
The problem I'm coming across is that in a lot of places we've looked at you end up paying more for the location (the loop, the hill, etc.) than for the food and service.

Any suggestions would be good, especially if you had your RD there too.

Re: Need RD suggestions! STL

• edited December 2011
    I'm sure this has been thrown up here a million times by now, but I'm not seeing anything current that helps.
    I'm getting married in Clayton, St. Louis and am looking for a rehearsal dinner place that's nice, but not super expensive. Think less than $20-$30 a head and the MOG would like to have it include drinks, if even just beer and house wine.
    We can go anywhere from the Hill to Old St. Charles, but I'd like to keep the abiance nice without getting snooty.
    The problem I'm coming across is that in a lot of places we've looked at you end up paying more for the location (the loop, the hill, etc.) than for the food and service.

Any suggestions would be good, especially if you had your RD there too.
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to post this on your local board to get better answers.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if this is the area you are considering, but we attended an out of town wedding in St. Louis....the bride was from Clayton....and the rehearsal was held at J. Bucks...across from the hotel we stayed at.  Everyone really seemed to enjoy it.

• edited December 2011
    I'm in St. Louis, and we had our RD at Mama Campisi's on the Hill. They have a separate banquet room downstairs (although beware the ceiling is low!), the food was great (particularly the cannoli for dessert), and I don't know the exact price but I know it was reasonable, including wine and beer.

I also just went to an RD last night at Lo Russo's on the Hill, and it was also delicious and in a separate banquet room, but I have no idea what the price was.

Yet another idea is the Mother-in-Law House in Old St. Charles, where my FIL and SIL had their RD. Also delicious and reasonable, and with a separate room downstairs, but I'm not sure of the exact price and it's a bit far from Clayton.

There's Farotto's in Rock Hill (reasonably priced, they have several separate rooms but I've never been to an actual planned large dinner there), and honestly almost any restaurant with separate rooms can do an RD, so I say just call around  to restaurants you like and that are affordable and see what the deal is.

The only restaurant I really love in Clayton itself is Cafe Napoli, and I know that's not cheap :)
  • cgeithmancgeithman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony and reception at the Seven Gables Inn. They do lots of showers and rehearsal dinners as well. Very flexible, and reasonably priced. There is a bar in the in..Molly Darcy's, so they can do any kind of drinks you want to offer. THey have indorr and outdoor space depending on what you're looking for.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards