Missouri-St Louis
Options

Church or inside venue for the ceremony only

Can anyone recommend a church or inside venue?  My fiance is catholic and we'd love to get married in one of the catholic churches, but we have a baby and I'm not catholic.  We'd have to go through a million classes and get permission from my fiance's church for him to get married in another church.  So, I need suggestions for places that are nice, accepting of the fact that we have a child, don't require a lot of hassle to get married there, it needs to be inside and not a lot of money.  I don't want to pay over 1,000 for a ceremony venue.  I'm open to Illinois venues as well.  I've found a few venues, but they require you to have your reception there too.  We only need a place for the ceremony.  Thanks all!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Church or inside venue for the ceremony only

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony at The Jewel Box in Forest Park, it is under 1,000 for the ceremony only.  It is gorgeous and you won't have to add too much decor.  You could then have any officiate you wanted.  It is working out great for us.  We are both Catholic, this is both of our second wedding and we both have children.  My first marriage will be annuled by the wedding date, but I don't know for sure that his will be.  So, we scratched the Catholic church.  We are having a good friend of ours that is ordained do our ceremony. We are including a couple traditions that are thought to be Catholic.  And, later I would like to have the church acknowledge our wedding, but I don't want the stress of getting it all done and approved before the wedding.  So, anyway, thats our plan.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question exactly (& I'm not Catholic, so I don't know all the rules)... Are you considering/seeking/asking for potential churches that will marry you or just non-religious venues?  I know that Fee Fee Baptist Church in Bridgeton will marry non-members and you do not have to be of that faith to get married there.  I also believe their fee's are under your budget.  Depending on what part of town you are looking in, there are many churches that will allow you to use their facility, if that is what you want.  When searching for a church, I googled Churches in the city I wanted and then started contacting them to inquire about their policies.  Some churches will post the info on their website, but others do not.  There is a gorgeous church in Crystal City that allows weddings of non-members as well... Just let me know if you want their info.

Good Luck with your search!  If I think of any non-typical locations other than churches and those frequently posted on here, I will let you know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Ninth Street Abbey in Soulard used to be a church but is now owned by Patty Long Catering.  We had both our ceremony and reception there (loved the venue and the food was great), but It really does maintain that "churchy" feel.  Go to pattylongcatering.com, click on venues, and look for the pictures.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Banks, Almost Famous
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards