Missouri-St Louis

Gym or Rec Centers

Hello fellow Knotties! I'm looking for suggestions on Gym Memberships or Rec Centers  that anyone belonged  to that they liked and was easy on the pocket book. Any and all suggestions will be helpful!

Thanks!
~Sammie~ Live. Laugh. Love

Re: Gym or Rec Centers

• edited December 2011
    I don't do gym memberships any more since I have been burned by two gyms going out of business and taking my "pre-paid" membership money with them.  If you do join, I would be very cautious and consider a month-to-month rate... or go with the place less likely to go under (YMCA).  Other than that, I would start collecting used gym equipment and creating a home gym (that's what I started doing last summer during garage sale season and so far I have a treadmil, bike, and a Tony Little gazzel for all under $20).
  • edited December 2011
    HI!

SO I am a huge gym lover and if you want to take fitness classes, I recommend Club Fitness...I am a medical resident so my schedule is super variable but I was able to join a membership there for 21.00bucks and have access to ALL Club fitnesses!!!

If you are a swimmer and want to lap swim, I do NOT recommend YMCA. First, the Y that you can join is dictated by where you live and the two that I was given to go to were super old and just seemed run down...a very 70's feel to the two of them.  If you are in the Creve Coeur area or Maryland Heights you will get to go to the Edward Jones YMCA which is totally new and fabulous.

So for swimming and treadmill availability etc I recommend Riverchase in Fenton, MO, near 141. Totally newer, clean, fresh and not crowded. I'm acutally going to teach a few pilates and step aerobics classes there starting in April and it would be so fun to have a fellow Knottie do it with me!!!!

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards