Missouri-St Louis

DJ: recommendations please!

I've been torn between having a band or DJ for my wedding.  I think I'm going to go with a DJ, but I want to make sure I find one that isn't going to be too hokey or corny.  :)  Anyone love theirs and want to recommend him/her?  Thanks!

Re: DJ: recommendations please!

• edited December 2011
    Don't have a recommendation, but a warning:  Gateway DJ --I hear really bad things about the owner.  He's canceled a week before weddings, and was even in jail
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 99 Invited!
    image 45 Are Psyched!
    image 5 Are L0$3RZ
    image 49 Are MIA!
  • Sn2BLeeSn2BLee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tom Rotter with Block Rockin' Beats was amazing.  He wasn't cheesy at all and we had people on the dance floor all night long!
  • edited December 2011
    We just had Jimmy Hussey - A Rockin' DJ last weekend.  He was fabulous!  Very mature, cordial, and great at getting people on the dance floor.  Check him out! 
    P.S. His rates were very reasonable too!  :o)
  • zippyelfzippyelf member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Complete Music and DJ. They have been awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Jim Hussey, A Rockin DJ.  He is so nice and helpful while planning.  And I have seen him at some weddings, and he knows what to do to get people dancing.  And isn't annoying with all the lights and corney DJ stuff.  Very upscale.  Remember those crazy lights can mess up your pictures.  My friends wedding we had colored dots on our faces, cause she used a bad DJ company.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Elite Pro (Michelle and Kevin were our DJs I think). Definitely recommend them
  • edited December 2011
    A long time friend of mine is a DJ, well his whole family has been in the business for a very long time!  They are really good and their prices are not bad at all.  C&R Sound in Union, MO.  My friend is David.  He is really fun and great at what he does. But, honestly I have seen his dad and brother as well and never been disappointed.  They have extra options too, if you want, they have the screens and can run slideshows, videos whatever, as add-ons if you want them.  (636) 583-8639 www.candrsound.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards