• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Missouri-St Louis

Issue with shower invitees

So, my childhood, hometown best friend (who is like my sister) and my mom are planning a family shower for me in my hometown.  The problem is that they started it off trying to make it a surprise and didn't ask anyone who was invited to the wedding, and my friend invited women that I am really no longer close to (i.e., they aren't getting invited to my wedding).  It creates an awkward situation because I had not planned on inviting these women to my wedding, and don't really want them there.  What is the etiquette here?  Oy!

Re: Issue with shower invitees

• daisywithakdaisywithak member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Since it was not an error on your part you don't have to worry about it.  You do not need to extend an invitation or say anything about it.
  • edited December 2011
    Is it completely unreasonable to invite them to the wedding?  I've never been invited to a shower and not a wedding and I think it is rude, even if it isn't your fault.  Since it isn't a surprise now, is there any chance you can make sure the formal invites don't go out to the people who won't be included in the ceremony?
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards