Missouri-St Louis

Reception Venue Ideas?!

Hey Gals, I am looking at a Fall 2011 Wedding in St. Louis and ideally I would be downtown or centrally located and am looking for ideas on the venue.  $60/person sounds crazy to me, but does anyone have any unique ideas for a location that isn't too expensive?   Any help is appreciated!

Re: Reception Venue Ideas?!

• doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests are you looking at?  $60/person is actually cheap for downtown (in terms of the hotel venues), but you may want to look into places that have a choice of caterers like the City Museum.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • edited December 2011
    You may also want to look at Randall Gallery and Edmons Steakhouse 15.

All reasonable places downtown.

If you want a hotel venue for about 60pp, try having an afternoon reception.  You can get some amazing deals.

Happy planning.
  • auriannaaurianna member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    The Roberts Mayfair - A Wyndham Historic Hotel might be in that range. I think they're doing construction on it but it'll probably be done by your wedding.
  • edited December 2011

Moolah Ballroom is in Westport and we got them down to 22 per person including buffet dinner and 5 hours of wine, beer, and liquor. They can have up to like 400-500 people

• edited December 2011
    We're using Syberg's on Dorsett.  They have a wide variety of price ranges and are very open to working w/you on your budget!  Kim is wonderful!
  • redhead1216redhead1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using the Franklin Room in Soulard.  I know there's a lot of bad reviews out there but as of about 6 months ago, they have new owners who are fabulous.  The have been working with us as far as the band, the crazy decorations, etc.  
    The starting price is $29 per person (which includes an open bar) but then grows to around $34 per person after tax and what not.  

Good luck!  And don't get discouraged, you guys will find your perfect space!
  • leighinstlleighinstl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Lemp Grand Hall in Soulard. I don't think they're pricing is terrible. http://www.lempmansion.com/banquets.html

Also, I know this outside caterer is pretty affordable: http://www.cateringyourwaybylisa.com/. You can see the different venues they work with.
  • kdbisopkdbisop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just gopt married on the 24th and had my reception at the Demenil Mansion. There have been some not so great reviews but it was wonderful. Dan was helpful, flexible and fun. He went above and beyond. The food was great and all the guest commented on how nice the venue was.  I chose them over the Lemp because I felt like the lemp "nickled and dimed"  It was about 60 per guest but that included all the china, linens, cake cutting, tax and tip.  I couldn't have asked for a better day. We had 120 people.

Enjoy your planning!
    HTH
  • Wookie458Wookie458 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my sister is having her reception at Top of the Met for only $70/person with tax and gratuity included (something pretty unheard of from our research).  The food and views are amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Windows on Washington for under $25 per person! Loft style, very friendly staff. Good luck :)
  • edited December 2011
    urkakay - is that price per person for food and open bar???
  • edited December 2011
    I just got a quote from WOW and there was nothing close to $25 pp.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards