Missouri-St Louis

The wedding gallery

I'm looking for insite and reviews for the wedding gallery...i found the perfect dress but would like to know what i'm getting into before i buy.

Thanks,
Rene'

Re: The wedding gallery

• edited December 2011
    Is this the place in St. Charles?  If so, if you look through this board I saw some reviews where a lot of brides had trouble there.  Good luck!!
  • juliegoochjuliegooch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, the wedding gallery....

Went there and found my dress. Asked if it was a Mori Lee bc it looks like that style. They said it was a "special designer that only sold in their store" The dress was $770. I asked to take a picture of it to show my dad and they said no. So I go home, look online and ITS A MORI LEE! So I call another store in Washington MO called wedding creations and they, too, sell Mori Lee and could order that style for me... even gave me the style #!  This was way before I was ready to decide so I waited 3 months and went BACK to wedding gallery to try the dress on again and see what else they had. It definitely was the one, but the price had went to $799! I told them it was $770 last time and even that was a little over my budget, but they didn't budge. I called wedding creations who ordered my dress and it cost less than $700, including alterations!

So no, I do not refer people to the wedding gallery.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually had a good experience at the Wedding Gallery, but yes they don't tell you who the designer is. When my dress arrived(2 months earlier than they had orignally stated) the designer tag was on it, so you do eventually find out if that is something you care about. As for price, I looked around and saw the exact same dress as mine at another store in STL and it was $400 more at the other store. It is just like anything else, do your research and stick to your budget. I actually really have liked working with them so far. I haven't got my alterations done yet, but I hear they are very good.
  • edited December 2011

I had a TERRIBLE experience at the wedding gallery. They would not tell me who the designer was of the dress that I loved. I was ready to buy it because I couldn't find a dress anywhere else that compared to it. They were really rude to my mother and kept giving us the run around. When I went there a few weeks earlier, when I was 'just looking', they wouldn't tell me the exact price of the dress, only that it was in the range of $1,000-$1,250.

Then, I had a coupon from a wedding show for $100 off the dress. They wouldn't accept it because they "mis-printed" their coupons. That threw me over the edge. I went back into the dressing room, took the dress off, went against their "no pictures" policy and took a picture with my cell phone. I took the picture to Clarice's on Hampton, and they ordered my dress for less than $800 and I had a $100 coupon, that they did accept.

• kellyrawrrkellyrawrr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the wedding gallery to try on bridesmaid dresses with one of my bm.  They would not tell me the name of the designer...they tear out the tags so you dont know...whcih by the way...IS STEALING.  They are NOT allowed to do that! I do not recomment them!  But after asking over and over again I got my way and the sales lady did tell me the designer of the dress and I'm buying it somewhere else :] 
  • MCCRARYSCOTTMCCRARYSCOTT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I bought my Alfred Angelo dress there and it has the tags in it.

Photobucket
  • ellen.jansenellen.jansen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this is late, but just in case someone else is looking for reviews on The Wedding Gallery, I thought I'd throw in my two cents.  I went there to look for my dress on a Saturday and they were so helpful!  I tried on several dresses but ended up going back to the same one.  I tried it on again.  The sample was in ivory, so I asked if they could get it for me in white.  They told me that wasn't a problem at all.  I had two other appointments that day to go to, so I went ahead and left to the other appointments.  By the end of the day, I was still set on that dress at Wedding Gallery, but by then the store was closed.

I called and made an appointment for Wednesday (the next free day I had available).  I went in on that Wednesday and tried on a few more, just to be sure.  The lady I was working with on Wednesday was a different lady, who wasn't as helpful.  But when I put on "the dress", I was sold.  I told them I wanted to order it!  She left the room and came back a few minutes later, only to tell me the dress had been discontinued.  They called their "factory" to see if they had any stock and it was completely gone!  The only option was to get the floor sample - except it was the wrong color!  Then the sales lady started getting really pushy with me trying to make me feel like I had to get it that day or I was just sh*t out of luck.

I would not recommend Wedding Gallery!

I left that day heartbroken without my dress.  A couple weeks later, I went to Clarice's Bridal and worked with Katie (and Jaz) and they were so, so helpful!  They helped me pick out a dress in no time!  I definitely recommend Clarice's!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards