Michigan-Detroit
Options

Getting to Hotel- help

So we decided that we didn't want to stay at the same hotel as our family and friends the night of the wedding (FI has a lot of roudy friends and we don't want to risk them banging on our door all night or having to wake up early to have breakfast with his family). However, this has created a problem as far as how we would get there. The current hotel offers a free shuttle but whever we would change to would not.

How are you all getting to your hotels after the reception (if a shuttle isn't provided)? Sobering up and driving yourselves? Having friends or family drive you?

Re: Getting to Hotel- help

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For FBIL and FSIL's wedding last year, one of their parents drove them to the hotel.  But what they didn't think about was how they were going to get home the next day...

So if you have someone drive you, make sure you leave a car there before the wedding so you have a way to get home!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our limo company is providing a metro car for us at the end of the night.  We are dropping a car off at our hotel and then the car will take is to the hotel at then end of the night. 
  • Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up hiring a private shuttle to supplement the hotel shuttle and that is what we rode in back to the hotel. I was surprised by how reasonable it was. $130 for 2 hours!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We drove ourselves.  We were so busy that night I don't think I even finished a drink to be honest.  
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the hotel with the other guests. No one bothered us - but I'm pretty sure most of the rowdy ones went out to the bar after the reception ended.

ETA - we had my sister drop us off (she doesn't drink) and got a ride home with friends the next day.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a limo drop us off at the hotel at the end of the night, and my dad picked us up the next day.
    Kinda Regards, Erica
  • Options
    jennifer0124jennifer0124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister had half the frat at her hotel after the reception and she just made the hotel promise that they would not give out their room number.  They also requested to be roomed separate from everyone and didn't tell anybody their room number.  They weren't bothered at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards