Michigan-Detroit

Hair and Makeup

Does anyone have any good suggestions for hair and makeup.  I was considering having someone all day, just because my ceremony is at noon and my reception isn't until 6pm.  But I think that will be way too exspensive.  This is tough, I don't want to have to go pay for a few different trials.  What did you girls do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair and Makeup

• edited April 2012
    Unfortunately, I had to do several trials bc my usual hair dresser is my mom but with a mom as a hair dresser and growing up in a beauty shop, I am extremely picky when it comes to my hair. I ended up using Stephanie at Deux Adore. She works during the week at Biachi's salon in Royal Oak. Her sister does makeup too but by the time I reserved her for hair, I already had a makeup girl booked. I found my makeup girl, Emily Cook, through a referral at Sephora in Somerset Mall. She does commercial work and she is such a cool girl to have around while you are getting ready. Both Gals will travel and they spent hours at my house getting me and the BM's ready. I am not sure what their policy is for extended service hours but its worth asking. You can find Emily on FB, she's a cute young blond girl in metro det just in case their are lots of them. Stephanie's website is http://deuxadore.blogspot.com/.
  • I used BridesMaid Beautiful. They did hair and makeup for my girls and I, and my mom, at our hotel room day-of. 
  • I used Deux Adore, and started going to Stephanie about 8 months before the wedding. I used to go to Bianchi's in Clinton Twp, but when I found out the Deux Adore "hair gal" worked at Bianchi's in Royal Oak, started going to her. My daughter was my MOH and 17 at the time, and we both have used Stephanie full time since the first time we went. We both love her talents with hair. She gives great cuts, and my daughter and I have both had to have very difficult transformations of poorly chosen "red hair experiments" re-worked into normal colors. She knows her stuff.

I used her sister Jen as my makeup gal. I was 56 when I got married last year, and worried about looking good at *ahem* my age. I did the whole airbrush makeup, fake eyelashes, and some of my BM got the makeup and eyelashes too. We all felt "mahvelous".

Not sure if you want an updo, but here's the back of my head when Stephanie was done. I gave her a picture, and this is exactly what it looked like.

Here's a close up with the fake eyelashes and makeup, and the front of my hair.

Originally I was going to do my own, but then just felt like I deserved to have someone come to my home and make me feel fabulous. And I did.
  • @Milsey32 I've booked them for my day, too! They'll be doing 5 girls other than myself...can you give me an idea of how long they worked on you and your girls?

OP, I've enjoyed working with Bridesmaid Beautiful so far! Very easy to contact them :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!  Sounds like two great referrals!  I'll check them out.  How are their prices?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah thanks because I have having the same concern. Think I may contact bridesmaid beautiful. I have an early ceremony too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards