Michigan-Detroit
Options

Ceremony Site Near Pontiac?

Hi everyone! We have booked our reception at The Crofoot in Pontiac, and are looking for a ceremony site not far from ther (downtown Pontiac). I am Catholic, but my fiance is not, so some churches may not allow us to hold the ceremony there. Also, we live in Dallas, so we aren't parishioners anywhere near there.

We are looking for LOW cost, outdoor or indoor (but outdoor must have backup rain location!). Any ideas? Parks, churches, your grandma's backyard, anything! Please help! Thanks!!

Re: Ceremony Site Near Pontiac?

• Options
    queenfm85queenfm85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I'm using the Crofoot as well :) I was an intern there for awhile and everything there is great. I'm kind of in a similar situation as you... we're not super religious so we were going to do something more secular. We're actually having our ceremony in The Pike Room, upstairs in the crofoot and then using the ballroom for our reception. It has windows all around the room upstairs and will be gorgeous once it is all dolled up. We're not very old fashioned so we wanted something different!

Good luck :)
    Danielle & Tyler

10-10-10

"God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 126 Invited image 41 Getting Crazy image 10 Party Poopin image 75 MIA
    RSVP Date: September 10th
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i have some ??'s about the crofoot....
    I was thinking of having my reception there.  I haven't called just yet cause we haven't made our guest list just yet and i don't want to bother if they can't accomadate me.  Thanks so much! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm... They have said that we can use the Pike Room for the ceremony. Because we live in Dallas, WE actually haven't even seen the Crofoot yet, so not sure if the PIke Room is what we're looking for, but it's definitely on the table still! Thanks for your suggestion!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    for an outdoor ceremony we are using drayton plains nature preserve. it is 135 acres and amazing!
  • Options
    emmie2003emmie2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

As long as 1 of you is Catholic you can get married at a Catholic Chuch. Our Lady of the Lakes in Waterford is nice.  It's right down Dixie and very close.  The people there are very nice also.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting marriend at Canterbury Village in Lake Orion in October.  They just opened up a ceremony site and it seats 200+ people.  It was $500 for 4 hours.
    http://kingscourtcastle.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=24&Itemid=44
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards