Ohio-Columbus
Options

flower/florist question...

So we've met with 4 local florists and each has quoted us somewhere between 1,700-2,200... which I think is outrageous!  8 centerpieces and bridal party flowers (3 girls/3 guys) Anyways... I cannot see the value of spending this much on flowers.  At the end of the day, nothing is left.  I've looked online and came across a website where you buy flowers wholesale - www.fiftyflowers.com.  I'm a little nervous about this process, since I don't want the stress of making DIY arrangements the day of or prior.  Does anyone know of someone somewhat professional who would be willing to give me a good deal and put the arrangements together IF I buy the flowers myself, wholesale?  The florist I've met with have quoted me between $5-$12 a stem for the flowers I want, which is primarily roses and garden roses.  I can buy garden roses off line for 2.50 a piece! 

If you can think of anyone who operates like this, where I bring in the flowers and they design, please let me know! 

Re: flower/florist question...

• Options
    skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some florists will allow you to bring in silk flowers and then charge you just for arranging them, I've never heard of a florist allowing a client to bring fresh flowers and arranging those fresh flowers but you might try calling several florists and ask them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My florist was going to allow me to do that, even though since we were planning the wedding from out of state and would of had to haul all that stuff back to Ohio with us, we decided againist it. Then she said she would have just adjusted the price of the centerpiece to just reflect a labor charge.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok... this is the BEST deal for flowers and what am doing.  There is a flower shop called the flowerman and if your in columbus your deal with Mellisa and she is amazing.

Here is how it works...

1. you buy the flowers and they design and deliver to you.  (expensive)
    2. you buy the flower, one or two days before the wedding you take 4-5 girls with you to the shop, you use all there supplies and they will show you how to make whatever it is your trying to make.  They will store the flower for you till the day of the wedding when your ready to pick up.
    3. you buy wholesale flowers in boxes and you just do your own thing.

This is what am doing...
    Im getting my bouquet designed and making everything else myself.  Including like 15 good size centerpieces... 8 poeple in the bridal party.  then flowers for ushers, dads, moms and grandparents and im spending about $1100.  Its saving me thousands.  You should try it. 

If you need melissas info let me know and ill get them to you.
  • Options
    jdcwedding1jdcwedding1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Flowerman.  I'm DIYing my flowers (as amalia stated in #2).  For my bouquet, toss bouquet, bridesmaids bouquets, bouts, corsages, and flower petals to line the aisle, I'm paying less than $500.  I'm coming into the shop two days before the wedding to make everything (along with Melissa's help, she shows you how to do it) and Flowerman stores the flowers until your wedding.  You should really check them out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like a great idea!! Yes, could you please pass along Melissa's contact info.  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ok.. Here is her email address.  I think its the best way of getting hold of her.  Youll love her. 

its flowermanweddings@gmail.com

Good luck and let me know how it goes.  If you have any other questions you can email me at aalsafh@gmail.com

• Options
    famrgirl7famrgirl7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! I am going to check this out too! Thanks for the tip!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards