Michigan-Detroit

Dry Cleaner Recommendations for an Out of Towner?

Hi ladies -

I'm MI born and raised, but now live in Chicago. I'll be getting married in Plymouth next month and bringing my dress with me in the car. Additionally, all of my bridesmaids, and my fiance's mom, will be traveling in from out of town on various flights and car trips.

We're thinking it would be good to find a dry cleaning in the area who could do a quick press of our dresses once we arrive a week before the wedding. We won't need additional alterations at that point - but do want someone who we can trust with these types of items.

Do you have any recommendations of dry cleaners in the area? The wedding will be in Plymouth, my parents live in West Bloomfield - but anywhere in the general area would be much appreciated!

I checked out the vendor recs already, but since I don't need alterations, I figured I'd post a more specific question. Thanks in advance for any help!

Re: Dry Cleaner Recommendations for an Out of Towner?

• larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_dry-cleaner-recommendations-for-an-out-of-towner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:07184c49-4c67-4f20-8392-79dd993bb9ddPost:79421e3a-fbb3-4f5c-934f-e797d57fac57">Dry Cleaner Recommendations for an Out of Towner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies - I'm MI born and raised, but now live in Chicago. I'll be getting married in Plymouth next month and bringing my dress with me in the car. Additionally, all of my bridesmaids, and my fiance's mom, will be traveling in from out of town on various flights and car trips. We're thinking it would be good to find a dry cleaning in the area who could do a quick press of our dresses once we arrive a week before the wedding. We won't need additional alterations at that point - but do want someone who we can trust with these types of items. Do you have any recommendations of dry cleaners in the area? The wedding will be in Plymouth, my parents live in West Bloomfield - but anywhere in the general area would be much appreciated! I checked out the vendor recs already, but since I don't need alterations, I figured I'd post a more specific question. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Posted by LaurenMarie1234[/QUOTE]

Lauren, I took my dress to a bridal salon (Gina's in Milford, specifically) and they pressed it for me for I think $50.  I trusted a bridal salon more than the cleaners... just my .02
  • Thank you! I was thinking bridal salons would be better - but wasn't sure if they would do dresses that didn't come from their store...

Any other recommendations?
  • if I had bought my dress there they would've done it for free :) but most bridal shops will do it for a cost as long as you call and make an appointment to drop it off.  I dropped mine off on a Saturday and it was ready on Monday but I left it there until Thursday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards