Ohio-Columbus
Options

Want to have a barn wedding in Ohio

Hi guys! My fiance and I live in central Ohio along with most of our family and friends. I would really love to have our wedding somewhere nearby so that no one has to travel too far, and definitley somewhere within Ohio. I absolutely love the idea of getting married in one of those big, old, wooden barns. We are both sort of country people and they are just so darn pretty lol. My fiances mom said she has always wanted one of those barns and was thinking of having one relocated to there house, which would be perfect for our wedding! However I don't really think that will end up happening. Does anyone know of any great barn venues in Ohio or central Ohio? We also thought about just finding one we really like and asking the owner if they would let us have our wedding there, but that would probably be a last resort. 

Re: Want to have a barn wedding in Ohio

• Options
    I know some people who own Eagle Creek Farms. They normally rent there facility for Group Trainings/ Meetings. The setting is awesome. You could always call and see if they would be interested. Plus they are some of the nicest people I know :)

• Options
    Hi - this has come up quite a few times in the last 6 months or so ....    see if this link works, otherwise search barn Columbus Ohio at the bottom search location, and you'll see LOTS of ideas.

Good luck

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_want-to-have-a-barn-wedding-in-ohio?plckForumPage=ForumSearchPaginate&plckSearchText=barn%20columbus%20ohio&plckSearchArea=all&plckCurrentPage=0
  • Options
    mooney1313mooney1313 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013

There is a wedding facility that resembles a barn located between Cleveland and Columbus. It is a high end ie granite counter tops air conditioning etc. Located on 75 acres with a 1/2 acre pond. It also has a treehouse/honeymoon suite designed by Pete Nelson. 

They also have four high end luxury cabins that sleep up to 15 in there larges cabin.

Google The Grand Barn at The Mohicans and The Mohican Cabins

The Grand Barn blog is below:

http://themohicangrandbarn.wordpress.com/

Cabins and treehouse website

WWW.TheMohicanCabins.com

They can be reached at 440 799 3419 

• Options
    edited January 2013

There is a wedding facility that resembles a barn located between Cleveland and Columbus. It is a high end ie granite counter tops air conditioning etc. Located on 75 acres with a 1/2 acre pond. It also has a treehouse/honeymoon suite designed by Pete Nelson. 

They also have four high end luxury cabins that sleep up to 15 in there larges cabin.

Google The Grand Barn at The Mohicans and The Mohican Cabins

The Grand Barn blog is below:

http://themohicangrandbarn.wordpress.com/

Cabins and treehouse website

WWW.TheMohicanCabins.com

They can be reached at 440 799 3419

• Options
    New Amish built timber frame construction Barn venue.Gorgeous rustic touches! Wagon wheels to chandeliers. Private bride and grooms loft areas. Pete Nelson treehouse honeymoon suite & 4 rustic luxury cabins on site. 75 wooded acres with 1/2 acre pond. Between Cleveland and Columbus. Just Opened
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards