Michigan-Detroit
Options

Need Advice (kind of WR)

I opened an alchemy on Etsy for a wood cut out sign that says "Mr Jones & Me".  Well, a seller responded and made the sign...but I'm not happy with how it looks.  The letters are misshapen and the Ms are just plain bad.  I never technically accepted his offer, but I feel bad telling him I don't like it. :(  Is there a tactful way to say it?  What should I do?[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/drkeyez458/get_convo_imagephp.jpg[/img]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need Advice (kind of WR)

• Options
    HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think just be up front and honest. Tell him what you don't like... maybe it's an easy fix?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He already tried to fix the M...and it just got worse (especially the one in the "Me"). :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh boy, thats a sticky situation. I can see not wanting to hurt his feelings but if you never officially accepted it and didn't see it as a finish product before you bought it, I think you have the right to reject it and get a refund, for sure!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe something like: you were looking for something a little more polished looking and while you appreciate the quick response since you never accepted the offer and you aren't interested in this sign.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First of all cute idea!  Secondly like pp said you should just nicely tell him it isn't what you were looking for.  
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He showed me a computer generated image which I ok'd before he made the piece...but something happened in between because the finished product doesn't look like what I ok'd...[img]<a href="http://www.capturedbybrian.com/tmp/sign.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://www.capturedbybrian.com/tmp/sign.jpg</a>[/img]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    P.S.  I am so not a mean person...ugh!  I hate feeling mean and hurting people's feelings. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Want me to pretend to be your DOC and be mean for you?  :) You aren't being mean though it isn't as polished as the picture and that's what you were expecting.  I know what you mean though.  I am the girl at a restaurant that doesn't send food back no matter what.  But sometimes you have to stand up for yourself.  :)
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    moeoscarmoeoscar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The difference between the picture and the original computer generated image is noticeable. The Ms are off and he needs to either sand the roughness down or re-do it. I especially notice the n in Jones is very bumpy.Don't feel bad for getting what you want!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He sent me a closer picture of the M in "Me" and it's baddddddddddd.  *sigh*  I told him last night that I wasn't happy with it and he offered to re-do it.  My hesitation though is if the first one was this bad, I don't see how the second will be better.  I said I'd need to talk it over with Bri and see what he says (i.e. I'm going to make Bri the "bad guy"...LOL).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to double post, but my MOH said the finished project looks like an 8th grade woodshop project...where you keep trying to fix it and it only makes it worse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards