August 2013 Weddings
Options

Reception dress yay or nay?

I'm just wondering how many of you all are changing dresses for your receptions? There seems to be a lot of brides buying wedding and reception dresses nowadays.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception dress yay or nay?

• Options
    I dont plan on it. were on a tight budget and I dont want to spend all this money on a ceremony dress to just wear for like an hour so ill be wearing it all day :)
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    I don't plan on it either. I wouldn't knock someone who really wanted to, particularly if their ceremony venue called for an extremely formal dress that you really can't dance in. The skeptical part of me, though, feels like its a trend created to part us with more of our money.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_reception-dress-yay-or-nay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:327dd4f7-091a-4970-8be7-851b55c22c6bPost:66e777de-8310-4d83-906c-7a3eb37a0ca5">Re:Reception dress yay or nay?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't plan on it either. I wouldn't knock someone who really wanted to, particularly if their ceremony venue called for an extremely formal dress that you really can't dance in. The skeptical part of me, though, feels like its a trend created to part us with more of our money.
    Posted by Xstatic3333[/QUOTE]

I agree. Last night I was watching Say Yes To The Dress and this woman bought a wedding dress and reception dress and her budget for both was $30,000!! I was like wow it must be nice. What a waste of money!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have been looking into convertible dresses....I initially wanted to change dresses but if I can find a convertible one that the bottom half jus unzip that would be more ideal for me
  • Options
    I will not be changing. The way I look at it is I am only getting married once, I will only ever get to wear my wedding dress once, I want to wear it as long as possible :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_reception-dress-yay-or-nay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:327dd4f7-091a-4970-8be7-851b55c22c6bPost:32768d8a-9928-412b-9f3c-7551ebec8236">Re: Reception dress yay or nay?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will not be changing. The way I look at it is I am only getting married once, I will only ever get to wear my wedding dress once, I want to wear it as long as possible :)
    Posted by RailWayWife[/QUOTE]

This EXACTLY for me!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just one dress for me! I don't think I could find another dress I liked better then the one I have anyway!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am on a fairly tight budget as well, just one dress for me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_reception-dress-yay-or-nay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:327dd4f7-091a-4970-8be7-851b55c22c6bPost:35f38ea2-631c-4cc6-9e02-75604314d6f5">Re:Reception dress yay or nay?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been looking into convertible dresses....I initially wanted to change dresses but if I can find a convertible one that the bottom half jus unzip that would be more ideal for me
    Posted by LatashaO[/QUOTE]

<div>Butter by Nadia makes a gorgeous one in a white stretch satin material. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    I think I might bring along a very simple, inexpensive (under $100) white dress to change into toward the last hour of the night just in case I get uncomfortable in the big dress. In the store it seems very comfortable, but I know sometimes just being in a strapless bra I'm like, "GET ME OUT OF THIS!" and I don't want to feel trapped at my wedding, ha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    yes ,i bought my dresses from this websites   www.kissdresses.com
    not expensive ,u can say very cheap , but pretty beautiful  , i got 4 dresses from it ,i and my bridesmaid were   so excited when we got it ,it  surprised us  so much , i think we will order dresses from the website again ,so prominent , i love it .
  • Options
    I agree with some of the other girls posts; I will only be getting married once. I will only be wearing that dress once. I will only be a bride ONCE.

I want to wear my wedding dress as a bride for the entire day, not change into a party dress after the ceremony. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Reception dress yay or nay?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Reception dress yay or nay?:I have been looking into convertible dresses....I initially wanted to change dresses but if I can find a convertible one that the bottom half jus unzip that would be more ideal for mePosted by LatashaOButter by Nadia makes a gorgeous one in a white stretch satin material.nbsp; Posted by emeejeeayen[/QUOTE] thanks for the tip!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_reception-dress-yay-or-nay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:327dd4f7-091a-4970-8be7-851b55c22c6bPost:35f38ea2-631c-4cc6-9e02-75604314d6f5">Re:Reception dress yay or nay?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been looking into convertible dresses....I initially wanted to change dresses but if I can find a convertible one that the bottom half jus unzip that would be more ideal for me
    Posted by LatashaO[/QUOTE]

I WISH I could find a dress that would just unzip int he style etc that I like. Where are you looking?
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Reception dress yay or nay?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Reception dress yay or nay?:I have been looking into convertible dresses....I initially wanted to change dresses but if I can find a convertible one that the bottom half jus unzip that would be more ideal for mePosted by LatashaOI WISH I could find a dress. that would just unzip int he style etc. that I like. Where are you looking? Posted by jmayinc[/QUOTE]. I've been looking online but I haven't has as much luck...I think I might get a coordinator to help me with my search but......I wanna go from ballgown to mermaid dress....which almost seems impossible they all go from long to short....but I will continue to search...let me know if u find anything?
  • Options
    I think i'm going to do two dresses, but that's because I'm a costume designer and am going to make both. I just don't feel like I'll be able to let loose and really dance while wearing a constrictive formal dress.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards