Michigan-Detroit
Options

How do I get U of M football tickets?

I want to get FI U of M football tickets as a wedding gift, but don't know how I would do that. Help, please!

Re: How do I get U of M football tickets?

• Options
    inthestar61inthestar61 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Here you are! Go Blue![url]<a href="http://www.mgoblue.com/tickets/page.aspx?id=12096" rel='nofollow'>http://www.mgoblue.com/tickets/page.aspx?id=12096</a>[/url]
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I may be able to help you. You can email me sunkissed212 at yahoo dot com  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    eclipsethecateclipsethecat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They'll probably be giving them away for free at one time or another. ;) HEHEHEHIf you want I can send you my Alumni Football crap I get from them. Im certainly not using them!
  • Options
    rootmel1rootmel1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GO GREEN!  Sorry, couldn't resist on a U of M post! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know, I know. I'm a Spartan too, but FI wouldn't like that as a gift, haha. I already have his daughter (who is 9) convinced that she is going to MSU. I'll give you a "Go White!" to your "Go Green!"FI and I are the great divide, lol.
  • Options
    beersnobbeersnob member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shelby I need you NOT to be so hateful ;)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Becky Im not being hateful, just realistic :):) I have inside info- it sounds like they will be lucky to win 3 games this season. Im crossing my fingers they win more than that because my Michigan fans are awfully whiny when they lose!
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a flip flopper ... with no shame :-)  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i've gotten great tickets on craigslist as well! :)
  • Options
    ksunquestksunquest member
    edited December 2011
    wasn't too long ago that MSU was in the same shape...i'm just sayin' I route for all "Michigan" teams, but when UM/MSU play, I route for UM....sorry :(
  • Options
    beersnobbeersnob member
    edited December 2011
    As long as it isn't OSU! I hate them.   Shelby actually DH is a Sparty fan along with my daughter ;(
  • Options
    rootmel1rootmel1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    U of M fans are actually a breath of fresh air to me....I live in Columbus ohio.....Buckeyes are crazy come football season.  Just sayin! Ironically, as much as I BLEED green...ALL of my bridesmaids are U of M grads!  How that happened, who knows!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dislike U of M athletics for two reasons:1) Most fans didnt go there. We call them "Walmart Wolverines." They are usually the most crazy and act obnoxious to State fans. 2) U of M fans cant handle losing. At least when State has a bad season they arent crying about it all the time how it isnt fair etc. And um, when was the last time U of M had a good basketball team? That didnt get their championships taken away due to violations? Exactly. And then the U of M fans say "But basketball doesn't matter."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my DH is a State fan, but didn't go there. What do you call those people?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not common. Most people that we run into that are State fans went there. I think it is because State is more of a home town feeling University where U of M is like Harvard- people know of it and attach to it whether they went there or not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    as an alum i say ouch to this post!  but i think that means i'm allowed to be a fan?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of the groomsmen is a hardcore U of M fan...and he is walking with my SIL who graduated from (and works at) MSU.  We don't plan on telling him she's a Spartan...we're afraid he'll refuse to walk with her!
  • Options
    ms nobodyms nobody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) Most fans didnt go there. We call them "Walmart Wolverines." They are usually the most crazy and act obnoxious to State fans. in ann arbor the students are the morons, and the people who live here are the level headed fans.  I know more kids in the suburbs who cheer for state and didn't go there, and they are quite belligerent. I've had more state fans try to start fights and get in my face than the other way around.2) U of M fans cant handle losing. At least when State has a bad season they arent crying about it all the time how it isnt fair etc. And um, when was the last time U of M had a good basketball team? That didnt get their championships taken away due to violations? Exactly. And then the U of M fans say "But basketball doesn't matter."i've never heard a real Michigan fan (one who knows anything about sports) complain like that. last year we were all irritated at RR, the spread is dumb, and we generally hate our quarterbacks because they have no talent (henne??? are you effing serious?!?!!).  most michigan fans (who know anything about sports) can talk about it rationally. i find the same problems with state fans who dont know anything about the sport they complain about either. they're the same kind of fan, they just cheer for different teams. i find that MSU and Michigan fans are a lot alike in regards to the way that they criticize and evaluate their teams.the basketball team was removed playoffs 10 years after those violations, it was really stupid and not a proportional response (especially when those sorts of things happen everywhere and aren't really controlled by the 20 year olds that get caught up in them)- otherwise they've had a really hard time with the coaching staff. and we could always talk about how MSU recruits hockey players that think stomping on an opposing team player's head and neck is appropriate (and then quit and cry like babies when they are suspended for the rest of the season).however. no one but no one is worse than the OSU fans. holy mother of god. they are the most irrational psychopaths on the planet. they will literally start barfights just knowing a michigan fan is in the room. it's the dumbest ish ever.
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    imageimage
    Amanda Williams Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no one but no one is worse than the OSU fans. holy mother of god. they are the most irrational psychopaths on the planet. they will literally start barfights just knowing a michigan fan is in the room. it's the dumbest ish ever. ugh. agreed.
  • Options
    jennic22jennic22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing I'd like to add to msnobody's post is that UM students are just like the students everywhere else... some are 'morons' as she says, but some are not.  Other than that I agree with her whole post.I don't think its right to lump everyone into a group... UM students, 'walmart wolverines' (I really hate this phrase - people should be allowed to root for whomever they want and to say otherwise is really condescending and frankly annoying).  And not all State fans are like the pieces of sh!t that decide to hate me because I went to UM.  Seriously, can't we all just get along and not provoke each other.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    rootmel1rootmel1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no one but no one is worse than the OSU fans. holy mother of god. they are the most irrational psychopaths on the planet. they will literally start barfights just knowing a michigan fan is in the room. it's the dumbest ish ever. Last year, my first year in Columbus, FI decided to go to a MSU/OSU basketball game (at OSU).  We don't know anyone down here, and it was just the two of us, so we were pretty quiet and clam in the stands.  My coworkers warned me before hand not to cheer for MSU or wear my green and white, but I thought they were just kidding.  They weren't.  We got so harrassed it was unreal!  The ladies behind us were kicking our chairs and screaming at us.  We decided to leave (especially since we were kicking OSU's a$$) and on the way out they threw stuff at us and calling us names...I was soooo ready to move back to MI that night!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "people should be allowed to root for whomever they want and to say otherwise is really condescending and frankly annoying"I disagree with this completely. I've had too many instances of people trying to tell me that State is a crappy school...when those people didn't attend UofM. "Can't read, can't write" Please....A person should not be able to disparage my school when they didn't even go to either of the two schools involved. I am a firm believer that pro sports exist for people in the geographic area or whatnot to root for passionately, but by going to a university you develop a connection with both the school as a whole, and the players, who are your classmates, that cannot be replicated by simply rooting for a certain university.Oh, and go Green :)
  • Options
    jennic22jennic22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely would agree that first and foremost, no one should disparage your education, especially at a great school like state, but to tell me that my DH, who is working his own way through school and thus cannot attend a large expensive university cannot root for my team, or any team, really offends me.  Oh, and my mom, who has been going to UM games with my dad alum for 20years, oh yeah, I guess she can't root for them either.  I'm from UM and I've had friends at state and even, gasp, OSU.  It's just really starting to wear on me the absolute hatred that exists between everyone (UM fans included).
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know we have tickets this year but I'm not sure where the seats are. We will be sellling all but 1 game I believe so if you still need some after all the advice on here you can page me later.
    FINALLY! My Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards