Michigan-Detroit

What to throw after ceremony

I'm looking for a neat alternative to the throwing rice/blowing bubbles as the bride and groom (us) exit after the ceremony. I don't want to waste money and time on silly things like that, but at the same time, I feel that it may be awkward ignoring such a tradition. Any creative ideas? Thanks!!! Ashley

Re: What to throw after ceremony

• RachelCheetahRachelCheetah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't do it or feel it's silly, it's no big deal to nix it. Flower petals is a popular thing for people to do - but you also have to check with your church and see what's allowed on their property and what's not.
  • eclipsethecateclipsethecat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did flower petals- mostly because it made for pretty pictures! You dont have to do anything! :) And Rachel is right, be sure to check with your church first!
  • whrldtravlrwhrldtravlr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about ribbon streamers... I've seen them on a few DIY blogs. They are attached to a small wand that your guests can wave.
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't do anything. I actually never understood the logistics of it...cause the bride and groom leave first....and then the bridal party...and then you go back inside to take pictures....when do you come out while everyone's outside? anyway, it wasn't a big deal that we didn't do it.
  • jessimaphonejessimaphone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about those fun noisemakers that extend out? That's a terrible description but.. you know... they unroll like an elephant's trunk? Often seen at birthday parties or NYE parties!
  • edited December 2011
    Chinese yo-yo'sWhite satin ribbon tied onto a wooden stick aka fairy wandsParty blowersI can't think of anything else.. I might not do this part - it's not that important unless you want a nice photo-op.. 
  • edited December 2011
    We don't plan on doing anything since our church is pretty strict - check with them first to see what their rules are.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We're not doing anything.  Our church charges $50 janitorial fee for cleaing up the mess.  :-( I guess we'd better make sure all our guests know this...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    is it outside?check my bio.  I am consider doing the "helicopters"
  • bjpavlikbjpavlik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A reception?
  • cindaycinday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I rec checking with your church also because we thought we were doing a recieving line until our rehearsal dinner! You may not have the opportunity or it may not work out logistically for them. You can skip it, but I was at a wedding where we had streamers on sticks that we waved. It was cute and fun! I'm sure it would look great in pics!
  • austina_32austina_32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved the idea of the helicopters! I'm thinking that's what we'll do...thank you! And I loved your ideas on your bio page! Very neat ideas.
  • rainyrae said:
    is it outside?check my bio.  I am consider doing the "helicopters".. what are the "helicopters"?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards